Another reason why the Trawler forum is great

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grahamdouglass

Vessel Name
Summer Wind 1
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 41
A couple of years ago my 5 kw Northernlights genset wouldn't start, read the post here.

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/northern-lights-m643-5kw-trouble-shooting-57340.html

This week my genset again failed to start. I googled up my genset model with the word troubleshoot and surprise, my post on trawler forum was one of the google answers. I read the post. Reread my manual, watched the videos and I soon found a faulty start relay.

In the start problem I had 2 years ago I received a whole bunch of suggestions, videos and schematics. Unfortunately none of the suggestions solved the problem. But because of that post my trouble shooting was so much easier this time around. Not only that, but the one suggestion, that I go to NAPA to buy the relay was a bonus suggestion that I used to order the part and I will have 2 by tomorrow. One to replace the part and one for a spare.

Graham: I have that Genny as well. Would you please post the part number and location for that relay? Sound like a good part to have.

Thanks,

Jim

Part number for relay

It’s a Bosch 12 volt relay #0332 209 159
The new part number is different from the
old part # which was # 0332 209 137.

There are 4 relays, they’re all the same. NAPA in North Van had to order them in from their warehouse.

Well I`ll second the original post - I was having trouble finding some special size hinges for my transom door - - looked everwhere but a member identified a supplier in Sydney that sells exactly what I was after - cudos again to members of this forum and the forum itself

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom