Broken heart ahead....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klee wyck

Guru
Vessel Name
Domino and Libra
Vessel Make
Malcom Tennant 20M and Noordzee Kotter 52
It is looking like the time has come to consolidate. I will list these two in the coming weeks and keep the one that does not sell first. Here is your chance to strike first blood. I will post the listings in the classified forums when they go up.

LIBRA is 54x16 lying PNW
DOMINO is 65x24 lying BCS Mexico

Attachments

• Domino Drone.jpg
    Domino Drone.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 367
  • DJI_0006.JPG
    DJI_0006.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 365
Sad!
Hard to believe you don't have a preference for one over the other.

Ted

I was aboard Domino a few months ago when I was in La Paz. Fascinating boat that shows a tremendous amount of knowledge and forethought. She still gets my juices flowing.

Good luck with the listings. Someone will get a beautiful boat.

Peter

Sad!
Hard to believe you don't have a preference for one over the other.

Ted
Not sad at all, Ted, just a different phase of life upon us at the moment with grandkids popping up. The Mexico commute needs to go for a while. While the punks talk about work- life balance, it is just boat-grandkid balance for us boomers.
In terms of preference, that changes depending upon the day and mission, but it is certainly true that I will be well pleased to continue to cruise either one of these vessels and both are capable and well suited to the mission in the next phase.
There can be no question that DOMINO is far more boat for the serious cruiser.

Ted, here is another way to look at it:
If you live in the western US and you want to cruise to Alaska, LIBRA will do quite nicely, probably on the inside or the outside.
If you live anywhere in the world and you want to cruise anywhere in the world, you are going to need DOMINO.

Bill, yes, the time comes for all of us to adjust to positive life changes.
I look forward to seeing you on the water in the PNW.
Good luck with the plan.

I remember Libra when it was tied up near my boat in Bellingham. Very salty and capable-looking.

Domino is one interesting catamaran closer to my "dream power cat Santorini" than the too high, too heavy, too low bridge standard powercat.
And Domino have a similar consumption than our former LC62 it means near...half than the actual at 10kts :)
Domino is all I like in powercat small draft, reasonable high of the bridge reasonable consumption.

Domino is one interesting catamaran closer to my "dream power cat Santorini" than the too high, too heavy, too low bridge standard powercat.
And Domino have a similar consumption than our former LC62 it means near...half than the actual at 10kts :)
Domino is all I like in powercat small draft, reasonable high of the bridge reasonable consumption.
You have a good eye LC. Many folks lump this vessel in with standard powercats and that is not remotely appropriate. This is the ocean version of world cruising powercat.

Attachments

• 150236068_10221938224582803_8124665885045767925_n.jpg
    150236068_10221938224582803_8124665885045767925_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Foredeck.jpeg
    Foredeck.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 79
It is looking like the time has come to consolidate. I will list these two in the coming weeks and keep the one that does not sell first. Here is your chance to strike first blood. I will post the listings in the classified forums when they go up.

LIBRA is 54x16 lying PNW

LIBRA is 54x16 lying PNW
Is there, or has there been an issue getting Domino out of Mexico - with either the yards or government? As I recall when speaking with the last owners, she was on the hard in Mexico. I was told at the time of your purchase, you had a captain coming down to take her back to the PNW. I know the boat well, having made prior offers on her. Thank you.

Is there, or has there been an issue getting Domino out of Mexico - with either the yards or government? As I recall when speaking with the last owners, she was on the hard in Mexico. I was told at the time of your purchase, you had a captain coming down to take her back to the PNW. I know the boat well, having made prior offers on her. Thank you.
No issues that I am aware of. We have a shipper booked for May of 2025 if the monohull sells first. We just elected to leave the boat in the Sea of Cortez so that we could cruise there in the Winter season for the last four years. JP cancelled his TIP and we established our own when we bought the boat. We should just be a US boat coming home to the US after we check out of Mexico in La Paz when she is lifted onto the ship.

No issues that I am aware of. We have a shipper booked for May of 2025 if the monohull sells first. We just elected to leave the boat in the Sea of Cortez so that we could cruise there in the Winter season for the last four years. JP cancelled his TIP and we established our own when we bought the boat. We should just be a US boat coming home to the US after we check out of Mexico in La Paz when she is lifted onto the ship.
Thank you.

I am posting to be alerted when the listings go live. DOMINO is my dream boat.

It seems that the first of the listings is live. We have not yet begun to develop the listing for DOMINO.
I know there are some Boatshed haters out there, but these are very complete listings with enough engine room pictures to satisfy even RTFirefly......

LIBRA is 54x16 lying PNW
Bill,

Good luck on the sale, a tough choice for sure. Appreciate the time on the call as well, anxious to move forward with the project after our conversation.

Randy

GLWTS! Very cool boats both of them. How many heads/berths on DOMINO? Would be an amazing boat for us but as I recall it is more of a couple's boat than for our family of five?

GLWTS! Very cool boats both of them. How many heads/berths on DOMINO? Would be an amazing boat for us but as I recall it is more of a couple's boat than for our family of five?
DOMINO has a queen, two doubles, and a pilot berth. I suspect it would seem vast compared to your current ride for your family. She has one and a half heads.

DOMINO has a queen, two doubles, and a pilot berth. I suspect it would seem vast compared to your current ride for your family. She has one and a half heads.
Thanks! She's a dream boat for sure. Could the BCS slip convey? Would probably be a few years wait to get something lined up for her here in San Diego. Please let me know when there's a listing or some pics available that I can show the wife.

I think there is a possibility of transferring the slip in La Paz. But, for any of those interested, the cost of keeping her in La Paz will be north of $4K monthly, conservatively. Slip, diver, boat watch, etc.
The cost of keeping her anywhere will be nothing to sneeze at. This is a good-sized vessel and slips this size are rare as hens' teeth. This is a serious ship and will not be well suited to the faint of heart. She is meant to cruise and that is where she shines.

Back
Top Bottom