Camano 31 washdown pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marpen

I have a Camano 31that is new to me. The washdown pump does not work, I could probably fix / replace it if I could find it. Can anyone let me know where the pump is located. Thanks Martin

Freshwater wash down, aka the transom shower in the cockpit? Or the raw water wash down pump that has an outlet in the port side fender compartment in the cockpit?

Mine does not have one on the bow, may have been added at some point. However, i do have a pump and hose added by a p.o. that us located behind the cabinet in the head. Note that on mine, the aft end of the storage space behind the head is removable. My non engine thru hulls are all accessed from the head in some way, so your pump should be around there.

Agree with mgreen; bow wash down is not a factory part on any Troll I’ve seen. If it has a separate pump, you’ll have to trace the lines to locate it. Logical places might be in the anchor locker, under the vberth, in the cabinets in the head, or in the engine compartment.

If it was tacked into the existing freshwater system, the pump is (probably) on the forward engine compartment bulkhead.

Thanks for your replies, I checked the anchor locker and under the V berth with no luck, I will follow up with your suggestions but it sounds like your set up is somewhat different from mine. The installation of the washdown pump is very professional so I assumed it was standard on the boat....Martin

My 05 has one raw water wash down pump, toggle switch to turn on the pump is on the electrical panel, nozzles (2) aft in cockpit wall under the steps and forward to port of the windlass, both with flush mount screw-in cover. Thru hull with ball valve is in the lazarette near the rudder post. I think the pump is by the thru hull, but (shamefully!) I’m not sure. Somewhere I have a sales brochure with a list of options, but don’t remember if raw water was an option or standard. Installation looks like OEM. For many years these boats were made for specific buyers, not spec, so a first owner likely didn’t have to do an add-on. I’m a third owner, so if it’s not OEM, the add-on was very done well.
Forward nozzle is very useful for hosing off anchor chain and anchor mud.

My 05 has one raw water wash down pump, toggle switch to turn on the pump is on the electrical panel, nozzles (2) aft in cockpit wall under the steps and forward to port of the windlass, both with flush mount screw-in cover. Thru hull with ball valve is in the lazarette near the rudder post. I think the pump is by the thru hull, but (shamefully!) I’m not sure. Somewhere I have a sales brochure with a list of options, but don’t remember if raw water was an option or standard. Installation looks like OEM. For many years these boats were made for specific buyers, not spec, so a first owner likely didn’t have to do an add-on. I’m a third owner, so if it’s not OEM, the add-on was very done well.
Forward nozzle is very useful for hosing off anchor chain and anchor mud.
Your installation sounds very much OEM. Thru hull / seacock in the lazarette and pump is likely mounted on the transom wall port side in the lazarette not far from the seacock. The addition of the forward nozzle port is a nice addition or option; the previous owner of my boat relayed that he used the aft port on the transom and an expanding garden hose ran forward to wash the anchor down.

Back
Top Bottom