Camano leaking fuel return manifold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDory

Veteran Member
I have a slow leak near my fuel return manifold on a 2006 Troll. The previous owner thinks it's coming from the manifold, not one of the fittings near the manifold. I think he's correct. The bottom of the manifold has a bolt which is sometimes moist with diesel. I attached a picture of the manifold. Has anyone else had issues with this. What am I going to find if i take this apart? Anything serviceable?

Attachments

• PXL_20211228_203913013.jpg
    PXL_20211228_203913013.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 52
It appears to have a cover on the back side and no doubt has a gasket or an "O" ring for a seal.. Should be easy to repair in either case..>>>Dan

We had one of these plastic manifolds on our 34’ American tug, they are made by Reverso. Ours was cracked where 2 fittings were located. Reverso makes identical aluminum manifolds so you can replace without a fitament hassle.

https://reversopumps.com/va-2/

Should work for your boat too. I would not trust keeping a plastic manifold.

We had one of these plastic manifolds on our 34’ American tug, they are made by Reverso. Ours was cracked where 2 fittings were located. Reverso makes identical aluminum manifolds so you can replace without a fitament hassle.

https://reversopumps.com/va-2/

Should work for your boat too. I would not trust keeping a plastic manifold.

Fantastic, thank you! The one you link to is for oil but I found the one for diesel. This could be a whole lot easier than I was expecting. Possibly even a one-for-one swap. Thanks.

Interestingly enough, my 97 has a alum manifold, and it looks original.

Our 2005 had an aluminum manifold. I wonder why they changed.

First I have seen such a thing. To me something designed to hold diesel should not be made with a detachable cover with a vertical seam like this. What would be the purpose of such a cover? It's unlikely it would ever require disassembly for maintenance. The only openings in that manifold should be for the brass fittings.

My setup is a little different, but I also experienced weeping fuel from that area. I believe ABYC says to replace diesel fuel lines at ten (10) years. This was called out on my inspection on my 2003 Camano, and I ended up replacing all the lines, fittings and valves.

I have a slow leak near my fuel return manifold on a 2006 Troll. The previous owner thinks it's coming from the manifold, not one of the fittings near the manifold. I think he's correct. The bottom of the manifold has a bolt which is sometimes moist with diesel. I attached a picture of the manifold. Has anyone else had issues with this. What am I going to find if i take this apart? Anything serviceable?

Made the replacement using reversopumps.com. Couldn't have been easier. One-for-one swap.

Made the replacement using reversopumps.com. Couldn't have been easier. One-for-one swap.

Which reversopump manifold did you use? My manifold just started leaking. Do you have any photos? Our Camano is a 2000, hull #125 with the Volvo Penta. I closed both valves to slow down the leak, both are normally full open. Here's my leaking manifold-

Attachments

• Fuel.jpg
    Fuel.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom