Camano Troll bow thruster/windlass power source

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fellow troll owners,

My boat has what looks to be a factory configured 4-battery house bank plus a separate single battery for engine start. Assuming everything is factory configured, does the bow thruster and/or windlass pull off the starter batt or the house bank? I would think the latter, but the boat is about 30 mins away and I won’t be out there for a few days to verify in person.

Not sure there is a standard new boat configuration. Often the dealer installs the batteries, so it could be anything.

FWIW, a bow thruster is more like a starting load: heavy and brief. A windlass is in between.

David

I would not trust that it hasn’t been changed by a PO. I would only trust what I can see with my own eyes.

The original configuration was a 2 battery house bank. The wiring diagram is attached. I don't remember where I found it posted.
Dave

Attachments

• WIRING%20DIAGRAM_3.jpg
    WIRING%20DIAGRAM_3.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
I would take that diagram as just a possible suggestion of how the boat might have come from the factory. No guarantee that was how it really was delivered, let alone how it could have been changed in the intervening time.

The only way to be sure is to trace wires. If you have a helper, a multi-meter with amp clamp, and possibly a pair of walkie-talkies or cell phones, that can be quicker and easier to answer some of those questions.

Thanks for the replies! The wiring diagram is an interesting find for sure. My boat is a later troll (2003) and for sure has been modified (it has a much more extensive 120v system as compared to the single outlet from the factory). I’m headed to the boat today for some maintenance so I’ll confirm what’s what.

Thanks for the replies! The wiring diagram is an interesting find for sure. My boat is a later troll (2003) and for sure has been modified (it has a much more extensive 120v system as compared to the single outlet from the factory). I’m headed to the boat today for some maintenance so I’ll confirm what’s what.
Good luck. Make sure you bring that most important boat tool, knee pads.

Back
Top Bottom