Ceiling carpet glue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dosched

Veteran Member
We have a 1979 Mk 1 Mainship that the carpet on the ceiling in the V-berth has come loose along the edge. What is the best glue to use to tack it back up?

I have used contact cement by using a syringe to shoot it up through the carpet. I squirt some up and then push on the carpet to stick the cement onto the fiberglass. Then let the carpet fall down while the cement tacks up. After the recommended time stick the carpet back up so the two sides will stick together. By using the syringe you don’t have to pull the rest of the carpet down to get access. You can go around and stick it back up where it is loose.

For a few loose items I've used Gorilla Spray on glue. It's held up some heavy stuff with only one problem even then another squirt and it's been holding great. Just be sure to mask off any area you don't want overspray on, just like a spray paint. Be sure to clean spray nozzle when done unless you want to throw it away.
Richard B.

Thank you. A 2'x3' section has come down so the Gorilla glue might be the way to go. I also like the injection for any future problems away from the edge.

Back
Top Bottom