Chrome Plated Brass Wash Down Spigot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Hi All,

In the process of installing a raw water (Salt) wash down pump. I found a couple of spigots that are listed as chrome over brass that are much more economical than the $100+ stainless spigots.

Do you think these would hold up for a salt water wash down?

Thanks,

Doug

Used one for these for 20 years.

Used one for these for 20 years.
Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at that one and I like that it mounts flush, but I'd like to have control of the water flow at the tap rather than just relying on the hose end sprayer.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at that one and I like that it mounts flush, but I'd like to have control of the water flow at the tap rather than just relying on the hose end sprayer.
This one has the valve on it. I'm sure you could order the part with the valve on it for your wash down, I'm assuming this one has the check valve going in the opposite direction being a city water hook up.

Last edited:
Hi All,

In the process of installing a raw water (Salt) wash down pump. I found a couple of spigots that are listed as chrome over brass that are much more economical than the $100+ stainless spigots.

Do you think these would hold up for a salt water wash down?

Thanks,

Doug
Would the inside have chrome over the brass, or the brass be exposed to the salt water? Probably still last years.

Back
Top Bottom