Cost to take a trawler...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Panama. "We Don't Care About No Stinkin Para llass"

Here's yout ticket Señor

Here ya go. Cruising expenses for a Nordy 62. If you check historical diesel prices then you can estimate how many miles he travelled each of those years, adjust for inflation, and Bob's your uncle!

Other than the obvious quarter-million dollar refit in 2016, this guy spent money like he had money, if you know what I mean.

How can they get that accurate with a tape measure, without having parallax error?

I didn’t worry about it since I was less than 50’ which at the time bumped us into a higher rate. Two of my canal trips were on paid deliveries. The owners agent(s) handled Canal fees which included the Admeasuerers. I guess if it was close, you could discuss the length but they do hold the keys.

At the time everything was paid in cash including the majority of cargo ships. When we were paying our fees, there were two agents for large ships paying $200k plus in cash each. It was interesting to watching the bank tellers with the counting machines.

Attachments

• IMG_8626.jpg
    IMG_8626.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 13
Other than the obvious quarter-million dollar refit in 2016, this guy spent money like he had money, if you know what I mean.

Seriously, I keep a copy of this chart as a reminder of how NOT to own a boat.

When you make

Seriously, I keep a copy of this chart as a reminder of how NOT to own a boat.

the total it is 1.094 million us$ in only 5 year !!!
We don't spend one fifth of that on our boat ( we lived on and travel ) during the last 48 year !!??
Ok we try to do all by ourself.
A colleague do lot of job on his Moonen he made around 200k€ in the last 3 year ( but he spend too much for crew and most expansive marina on the second year).

Back
Top Bottom