Custom Carpeting suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Kindred Spirit
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen42
We're looking to have custom carpet/runners made for the pilot house and main salon on our 1991 Kadey Krogen 42'. i'm curious as to what type of carpeting folks have used for their interiors. I've looked at some of the 'marine' grade carpets from Corinthian Marine , AquaMat® Plush and Berber Carpet only drawback is the limited color selection.
Appreciate hearing from others as to what they've used

I ran into the same problem when I wanted to purchase carpeting for our aft deck. The choices were limited and the cost was off the charts. The problem was finding someone to bind the odd shapes. I did find a guy in South Jersey that did a great job binding carpet for me that we choose at a local carpet store where we had a much greater selection. I can pass along his contact info if you like, we had ours done several years ago, I would assume he’s still at it.

Nick

Our exterior carpet on the bridge is a berber from Corinthian Carpets, with their AquaLoc backing and Sunbrella binding. (Not necessarily AquaMat; think ours may pre-date that product name.) Works nicely, good non-skid and it's fitted to the fiberglass shape so it can't move much anyway.

We've had that in the cockpit before too (previous boat) dries nicely...

We had our interior carpet (previous boat) redone by Yacht Interiors of Annapolis. Can't remember brand, but we chose a decent household product, stainproof, etc. with decent under padding. Wasn't horribly expensive, and the installer did a really great job around all the edges, curves, and stairs and so forth. (Holly Vrotsos, consultant.)

-Chris

-Chris'

I went to a remnant store that did custom cutting and binding. I didn't want to go crazy price wise as I view carpet as a 5 to 10 year life on a boat.

Picked a nice durable carpet and had them cut and bind the the edges. It ended up being 6 sections with the one in the pilothouse being a real chore because of the odd shape and the helm chair. The remnant guys seemed much more motivated to do the extra work at a reasonable cost.

Ted

We went to a local carpet store and picked out a very nice commercial carpet. Provided a sketch of the pieces we wanted, they cut and bound the carpet.
Custom made carpet and couldn't be happier. They only charged the sq. ft price plus $1.50/ft for the binding.

Looks great and was reasonably priced!!

We recarpeted our current boat when we bought it. I stripped out the old carpet and we had a local flooring company come to do the new carpet install. We toldthem we wanted the best carpet for wear that they had. They did a wonderful job. Last year we had them remodel our primary bathroom and recarpet the bedrooms. We liked the carpet they put into the boat so much we had them use the same carpet in the house.

Back
Top Bottom