Deal before survey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With a long distance purchase brokers are more upfront about the deficiencies. They don’t want to risk being sued for travel expenses because they failed to mention obvious deficiencies.
Such a suit would go nowhere.

Bottom line for me is that if interested in a previously used boat, I'm prepared to sacrifice time and money to make a decision (somewhat informed) based on what I have seen on inspections, in and out of the water, and heard about the boat from the owner and surveyor. Many times, it's a great learning experience and the return is new knowledge. Don't ever second guess your instincts. Never mind what the broker says. Never look back.

Bottom line for me is that if interested in a previously used boat, I'm prepared to sacrifice time and money to make a decision (somewhat informed) based on what I have seen on inspections, in and out of the water, and heard about the boat from the owner and surveyor. Many times, it's a great learning experience and the return is new knowledge. Don't ever second guess your instincts. Never mind what the broker says. Never look back.
I definitely agree with your assessment. Reading from the experiences of long-term surveyors like Dave Pascoe help bring some depth to an in-person inspection. As a hands on owner, I definitely plan to take as much time for due diligence as needed to make a practical offer to a seller. No need to rush or make emotional decisions on a purchase of this magnitude. Patients is a virtue in this case.

Back
Top Bottom