Delivery Captain/Tutor needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulga

Guru
Vessel Name
DD
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Sundeck 40'
I didn't see how to modify or close an existing thread, or a specifc job/ad classfield for this, so opening a new one here.

I am looking for a captain to move a 40' trawler (single FL 135) from Portsmouth VA 23704 to Jersey City NJ 07305, the intended time frame for the moving is 10/8 to 10/21. I'll cover your both trips. I will be onboard to learn some boating along the trip. Please PM me if you are interested.

Unclear whether you're looking for a traditional delivery skipper who is paid a standard fee, or seeking someone who will accompany for expenses only. If you're open to paying their fees, sister-site CruisersForum.com has a handful of active delivery skippers who contribute who might work fine even though they are more sail-oriented.

One thought to vet possible respondants is to review their prior post history on TF (or CF if you go that route) to get an idea of their demeanor and knowledge.

Best of luck.

Peter

Last edited:
I did the same trip alone when I bought my trawler from NJ to Deltaville, VA. ICW all the way, anchored out every night and never stopped at a marina. Great trip.

Please PM me if you are interested. still in search.

I personally am not a licensed captain

Back
Top Bottom