Diesel Duck Pacific Crossing - 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Josh, thanks so much for posting this. We'll be checking out your blog as well. Great to meet you, and my best to you and your family as you settle in, in your new home! Scot

Great Blog for a fantastic voyage. Thanks so much for sharing with us.
It a treat to follow others how actually used the boat to make long voyages. I miss the boat life sometimes, but really enjoy others that have shared their journey. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Cheers

You deserve Meyers Chuck cinnamon rolls. The lady's phone number is at the head of the dock. She delivers in the morning and they are the best. If you tell her you just crossed the Pacific, they might be free! What a great adventure for you and your boat.

Last edited:
LaCosta - thanks for sharing your adventure here and on the blog! Nicely done!

Best Wishes

Sent from Steamer Cove, Flores Island, BC

i had a farfetched plan of doing that crossing solo the opposite direction.

thanks for realigning my thoughts. maybe just bringing her south and into the Caribbean would be enough of an adventure.

It is interesting to follow these boats as they change owners.

Another of the Diesel Duck 462's lost one of it's paravane poles crossing the Pacific to Alaska. Their route was up to Japan and across the Aleutian Islands. In a bad storm they were hit with a large wave on the beam and rolled at least 90 degrees which caused one of the paravanes to fail.

This was on the David Ellis. I think they may still be living on the boat in Alaska but their blog has not had much traffic in years.

Later,
Dan

Congratulations on the making the journey. Saw your boat in Meyers Chuck. My husband talked with you on the radio and in Meyers when we docked there briefly. We own the Beebe design. Good luck in living your adventure, Meyers Chuck is an amazing area. Are you planning on staying there year around or will you be in other places? I'll check out the blog.

Loved the blog. Inspiring.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom