Dog safety on a MS 400/390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people love hot dogs, some detest them.

Same goes for real dogs and telling others how they should feel is not exactly ...well there are just too many words for that perspective.....

"everyone loved our dog"..... boy, I must live either on a different planet or different dimension. I have had and loved dogs so please don't dare lecture me. :nonono:

It's almost as bad as "everyone loves the look of my boat".... :rofl:

Last edited:
Our dogs (2) are trained to potty when walked outside. If we don't care to take them ashore they use pee pads. They weigh 3 1/2 and 6 pounds which makes it easy. They bark like lunatics if anyone comes near the boat. As an aside, they are particularly fond of relaxing on OC Diver's jacket.

Last edited:
Some people love hot dogs, some detest them.

Same goes for real dogs and telling others how they should feel is not exactly ...well there are just too many words for that perspective.....

"everyone loved our dog"..... boy, I must live either on a different planet or different dimension. I have had and loved dogs so please don't dare lecture me. :nonono:

It's almost as bad as "everyone loves the look of my boat".... :rofl:

Geez, where did all this come from? I can't see where you get a "lecture" from. Maybe you do live on a different planet, I don't know. But you sure got your panties in a wad over a simple relating of great times with a dog onboard. And you are right, there are dog people and there are not. I only related the good attributes to having a dog onboard. Not forcing it on you or anyone else. If one doesn't like dogs, one certainly for sure shouldn't have one onboard. Same with having a gun onboard, some for it some against. There's good and bad with everything. I just disagreed with the analysis presented with a totally negative view on dogs.

PS, EVERYONE did love our dog (except the thieves who passed us and went to visit the other boats).:dance:

Geez, where did all this come from? I can't see where you get a "lecture" from. Maybe you do live on a different planet, I don't know. But you sure got your panties in a wad over a simple relating of great times with a dog onboard. And you are right, there are dog people and there are not. I only related the good attributes to having a dog onboard. Not forcing it on you or anyone else. If one doesn't like dogs, one certainly for sure shouldn't have one onboard. Same with having a gun onboard, some for it some against. There's good and bad with everything. I just disagreed with the analysis presented with a totally negative view on dogs.

PS, EVERYONE did love our dog (except the thieves who passed us and went to visit the other boats).:dance:

I am not against dogs or their owners till someone gives the advice that life is 10 fold better for taking a dog along. Thats making a big assumption that all dogs are like yours and the experiences will be the same for others. For some, that magic just isn't there.

I travelled the ACIW about 15,000 miles with a great Golden Retriever (owner was a traveling companion). When the time came, I was the one that had to have the dog put down. That dog was great 1/2 the time and a misery the other 1/2. So la la land does exist for some, but not all.

Your second post is much more realistic...so I can't say anything much about that.... so I will just leave it as living and traveling on a boat with a dog is a much greater challenge for some people and some dogs.... how you figure out what applies to a particular person/boat/dog combo is not an easy thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom