Domestic smart touch question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Intermezzo
Vessel Make
Mariner Orient 34
I have a Mariner Orient 34 with a new Dometic Heat pump for AC and heat. I cannot figure out how to programs the smart touch thermostat control. The owners manual is not helpful at all. I want to have it turn on daily for a few hours to cool down and keep boat dry.
Any suggestions?
Tom DeMarco
Oxford,MD
Intermezzo

Welcome aboard. Sorry I am not familiar with your model.

I have a Mariner Orient 34 with a new Dometic Heat pump for AC and heat. I cannot figure out how to programs the smart touch thermostat control. The owners manual is not helpful at all. I want to have it turn on daily for a few hours to cool down and keep boat dry.
Any suggestions?

Is there maybe a separate Smart Touch users manual, perhaps online somewhere? Our various AC units have often been accompanied by separate control manuals (for Elite, Passport, SMX, etc. control sytems).

FWIW, our controls now (SMXir) and in the past (Elite) never had the ability you're after... so must be a newer thing that Smart Touch offers... assuming it does. OTOH, ours do/did have a "humidity" setting that might sorta-kinda be similar. Don't think that includes cooling, though... can't remember...

-Chris

If yours looks like the attached images, the relevant pages of the manual are attached.

If you've got the "Smart Touch Integrated control" that controls all sorts of dometic devices from the same panel, I know little about it and don't think it can do that.

If you've got something different, e.g. an older generation of the product, can you post a photo so I can see what you have.

If your boat has Wi-Fi, SwitchBot makes a Mini-Hub that can integrate their devices as well as flash IR codes to control IR devices. It knows many devices and can be programmed for almost any IR device. It knew my FCS HVAV units without the need for any programming. It integrates with Google Home, Alexa, etc, via WiFi and those services can set schedules for it.

SwitchBot Hub Mini Smart Remote - IR Blaster, Link SwitchBot to Wi-Fi (Support 2.4GHz), Control TV, Air Conditioner, Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, IFTTT https://a.co/d/iMlDi9y

Attachments

• smart-touch_9600003187_48235.jpg
    smart-touch_9600003187_48235.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 27
  • smart-touch_9600003187_48234.jpg
    smart-touch_9600003187_48234.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230727_052123_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_052123_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20230727_052130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_052130_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 38
Domestic smart touch thermostat

Thanks so much. The picture you posted is my smart touch. I will take a look at the info you referenced. Thanks again
Intermezzo
Oxford MD

Back
Top Bottom