Dometic A/C Unit, three flashing dots, just clicking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kthoennes

Guru
Vessel Name
Xanadu
Vessel Make
Mainship 37 Motor Yacht
Of course it's 90* today so we have a new A/C problem. Dometic, 16k, here's a photo of the spec plate. When I turn it on, it'll click about every 15 -20 seconds, but won't turn on. Air intakes are clean, just cleaned them. Plenty of water flow. We have a second 16k unit in the aft berth which shares the plumbing, works fine. After lots of clicking and three flashing dots on the control unit, sometimes it'll kick in and put out lots of cold air just fine. I've googled and haven't found anything useful. Any suggestions O Esteemed Experts of TF? Thank you.
20240727_174638.jpg

20240727_174236.jpg

Disregard, sorry to clutter the forum - although this solution may be helpful for future reference. I swapped the aft control panel from the aft berth - forward unit comes to life just fine. Bad wall panel. Dometic p/n 340407. Next!

Disregard, sorry to clutter the forum - although this solution may be helpful for future reference. I swapped the aft control panel from the aft berth - forward unit comes to life just fine. Bad wall panel. Dometic p/n 340407. Next!
I have a question about your configuration; what size pump and diameter of hose you are using. Thank you.

Nice that you were able to find the problem so easily. Good information.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom