Dometic T-Series waste discharge pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LindaFlorida

Veteran Member
Hello, we installed a Dometic T-Series waste discharge pump. Unfortunately when we turn on the pump for the first time, there is a small leak somewhere under the motor side of the pump. It kind of shoots out a little.

Has anyone else had this problem? We contacted Dometic support too.

Thanks

You either have a bad O ring or a damaged bellows. You can get both parts in one kit from Amazon. Search for vacuflush bellows replacement kit.

Thanks. I was hoping that it might have been something else. The pump is brand new, the leak occurred the first time that I turned it on.

I have had very bad experience with Amazon parts meeting spec, even though packaging is identical to Dometic. Order parts from Dometic dealer.

I agree. We purchased the pump from Marine Parts Source. Great price and fast delivery. Hoping that Dometic support contacts me soon. Thanks.

Good news, Dometic support asked for a serial number and a video of the leak. Once we were at the boat, I turned on the T-Series pump in order to record the leak.
No leaks! My only thought is that maybe during installation the pump was filled to the top with water and when we first turned it on, the pump pushed out a small stream of that water. Not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0826.jpg
    IMG_0826.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 76
Good news, Dometic support asked for a serial number and a video of the leak. Once we were at the boat, I turned on the T-Series pump in order to record the leak.

No leaks! My only thought is that maybe during installation the pump was filled to the top with water and when we first turned it on, the pump pushed out a small stream of that water. Not sure.

Glad it’s working. Wanted to echo that all bellows are not equal and suggest spending a few more bucks for OEM version. There is also a one way check valve on many of those tanks that lets overflow outta the tank. Top of it is a is a sponge that can hold odor if ever soaked. Final oddity is that the threads to check/change duckbills are threaded backwards for future reference.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the pump started leaking again :(

Dometic asked that we needed to send them a video of the leak. Not fun trying to videotape with a mirror in order to see where the leak was coming from.

Anyway, Dometic have been responding right away. Here was their response:

“ Very nice job capturing the leak and providing the SN# detail from the pump. A leak of that nature originating from the center of the pump and leaking out through the pump cover is indicative of a failed bellows.

Without getting into a long drawn out explanation, I have some bellows with a new material in my office to send out for instances just like yours where the original bellows failed.

I’m happy to send at no charge for the Tech to install I will just need some information from you.”

Hopefully this might help others. This was a brand new pump.

Thank you everyone once again for your help. Especially Peggie!

Linda

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom