Dry feet getting wetter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hal Landvoigt

I've been posting a bit on another thread on this forum, but figured I should hop over here and formally introduce myself. I'm in the process of trying to purchase a Roughwater 35 as my first boat. Initially I was planning to find a boat as a liveaboard but finally came to a bit of sanity and decided to wet my feet first by just getting a boat to use and enjoy gunkholing around the Puget Sound. If I like this lifestyle, then there are always other and bigger boats to buy. I have a slip arranged, I have insurance arranged, I have good mentors (many friends who live on larger trawlers and a USCG Master Captain) to help me along the way. Outside of boats I've spent years working on old cars and scooters, have renovated a 1911 house and am generally skilled in most of the things that go into a boat -- engines, electrical, woodworking, some fiberglass experience, etc. At minimum, I know enough to know what I don't know and to come to places like this site to ask questions before I screw something up. Its taken many years of screwing things up to learn that lesson.

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to access the "Resources" section of this site. When I open up the posts which I assume will have a PDF or some other document attached, I just get a blank page. As an example, if I open up this page, I just don't get anything beyond the description of what I think should be there.

Hal Landvoigt
Seattle WA

When I open that page I see a Download button, which in this case will offer to download a microsoft word document. PDF would be more universal

Now that I've figured that out, HOLY COW!!! There is a TON of great information in there. Utilizing work printers to print the Electrical Handbook as I type this.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom