Duffy All Electric Boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Marshall Duffield introduced the "Duffy" over 50 years ago and has made & sold over 13,000 vessels since. By any measure that is an incredible success story for any boat manufacturer and deserves a place in Trawler Forum. After all, at 6 knots (WOT) she certainly meets the speed requirements of the Trawler world. The 22 can be factory outfitted with a fresh water electric head & holding tank, refrigerator, inverter, windlass and anchor, remote operated spot light, etc for under $70K! Do I sell them? No, I'm just a guy that loves being on the water and have had 10 diesel boats in all sizes since 1995. This Duffy and the Duffy Care program (Extra) is a boat owner's dream!:dance:

Attachments

• Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    Duffy 22 Cuddy.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Interior at Night.jpg
    Interior at Night.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Walt &Duffy.jpg
    Walt &Duffy.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 34
What is her range? How many batteries does she carry and what type?

Duffy's website says 10 1/2 hours at cruising speed. Top speed is 6 kts so cruising speed must be about 4 kts. So maybe 50 mile range.

Batteries are 16 golf cart batteries wired series/parallel give a 48 volt bank. That means that it is about 440 amp hours at 48 volts.

David

We have two in our marina, and a third just across the other side of the bay. The owners just love them!

One of the Duffy boats has one of my favorite boat names: Voltswagen

Perhaps the ultimate electric harbor electric cruiser. Apparently inspired by 1950s era Porsche 356.

Seven Seas Hermes Speedster

https://hypebeast.com/2021/1/seven-seas-yachts-hermes-speedster-e-dayboat

Pics I managed to snap through fence next to San Diego Marine Exchange

$270k. According to literature, will run up to 36mph. Or at reduced speeds, up to 9-hrs on a charge

Peter
20211117_085428.jpg20211117_085326.jpg20211117_085619.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom