Espar Heater Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sinclair5171

Vessel Name
Encore
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 32
I have an older Espar D5L and I'm looking for the controller #25.1688.50.00.02 and I'm not having any luck on the internet. It would have to be a used part at this point but if anyone knows where to point me, I'd appreciate it. I've attached a picture.
Thanks,
Jim

Attachments

• D5L controller.jpg
    D5L controller.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 63
If you're in Beaverton Oregon, you're in luck. Rixen Enterprises in Portland is an Espar dealer. I bought my hydronic system from them some years ago. Hopefully they are still in business. Ask for Jim Rixen.

Thanks. I was just out there (Sandy) this afternoon. He was very helpful but he doesn't have parts for anything this old.

If the problem is an internal circuit board, there are people on the internet that repair circuit board problems by testing the individual pieces and replacing them. Nothing recent, but I've had a number of circuit boards repaired. Usually about $100.

Try Guy Johnstone (Fenix Marine Services) in Ocean Shores (Home). Guy was the Espar expert at Boat Electric in Seattle and made a retirement business repairing/salvaging old Espars.

Espar Parts: Guy Johnstone of Foenix Technologies

A couple weeks ago I was really struggling to find any spare parts for my discontinued Espar D7L diesel furnace. My mechanic was trying to improve its performance for me and said I probably need to start with a glow plug but that he wished me luck finding one because of how hard they are locate. I tried the usual Internet searches with no success and then I came here to Trawler Forum and stumbled on this thread which is I believe where I found Guy Johnstone's name. I called him and he sent me a long email telling me precisely what parts I would probably need, what was probably wrong with my furnace and precisely how to go about testing it and repairing it. I bought the parts from him, he shipped them to me overnight, I shared his email with my mechanic and just like that, problem solved. Gy's company Foenix Technologies is located in Ocean Shores, Washington, he does house calls with some advanced scheduling and I recommend him highly. He's the man.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom