Finn 8 Puffinn TCMYC?? Question for Aus members.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob at LTP

Vessel Name
Puffinn
Vessel Make
Finn 8
Just thought I'd "trawl" the collective knowledge base of trawlerforum dwellers in Aus, particularly NSW.

Anyone out there have an inkling what T.C.M.Y.C. might stand for? Puffinn has these letters painted on the sides of the wheelhouse, along with her name. I'm assuming that it stands for (something) (something) Motor Yacht Club. Immediate previous owner didn't know, and on the internet I haven't found a club with these initials.

From what I've managed to piece together of her history, Puffinn has been at Lemon Tree Passage in Port Stephens since early 2000's, having been purchased and sailed here at about that time from Port Macquarie. (But that could be Lake Macquarie.) It also appears that she was in Port Stephens about 30 years ago, according to a tf post by 'laughingmind'.

Attachments

• 20240417_111158_crop_MV Puffinn_TCMYC (?).jpg
    20240417_111158_crop_MV Puffinn_TCMYC (?).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 29
Toronto is on Lake Macquarie, my wild guess is Toronto Cruising Motor Yacht Club. But I think there is a Royal MYC at Toronto. R A McKay is a long standing yacht broker at Toronto, best give him a call.
TF member Bogranjac from WA cruised a Finn 8 on the NSW coast a while back, we met up with him on Cowan Creek some years back. There was one(name not recalled) moored at our last Marina, Dolphin at Brooklyn, for sale through Mainsales of Brooklyn, but we left there 4 years back. They are neat smaller boats.

Toronto is on Lake Macquarie, my wild guess is Toronto Cruising Motor Yacht Club. But I think there is a Royal MYC at Toronto. R A McKay is a long standing yacht broker at Toronto, best give him a call.
TF member Bogranjac from WA cruised a Finn 8 on the NSW coast a while back, we met up with him on Cowan Creek some years back. There was one(name not recalled) moored at our last Marina, Dolphin at Brooklyn, for sale through Mainsales of Brooklyn, but we left there 4 years back. They are neat smaller boats.
Thanks Bruce, I hadn't thought of (Something) Cruising Motor Yacht Club. (I did think of Tennant Creek Motor Yacht Club!) I did a bit of internet reading on the history of RMYC Toronto. After WWII it was very briefly known as "Toronto Motor Yacht Club Ltd" for financial reasons, before reverting to its pre-war name, which it remains today.
I started trawling this forum a couple of years before buying Puffinn, and have found Bogranjac's adventures fun and informative. (I'm casually on the lookout for a discarded security screen for flopper-stoppers.) Bogranjac has been pretty quiet on tf of late. Hope he's OK. IIRC he was looking for a buyer for Nimiane.
I saw the Finn 8 "Nina" listed by Mainsales a few years back. Thought about going down for a look, but hung off (read: procrastinated) long enough that the opportunity to buy Puffinn locally came up. Plus, my Supreme Commander wasn't convinced of my ability to get from the Hawkesbury to Port Stephens on my first trip outside, and with no power boat experience, at that. Can't think why.
Cheers, Rob.

Back
Top Bottom