Florida man arrested after trying to cross Atlantic in hamster wheel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guy must have a death wish.

Guy must have a death wish.

Or he likes the attention and/or makes money off of his "attempts."

I wish the reports would mention how much water and food he has in his walking machine.... Seems like an obvious question to ask, one among many. :)

Later,
Dan

Why does it not surprise me that it is from Florida???

Sounds like a mental health issue.

Yeah, something about Florida...

My favorite;

53171773731_b1ce51f43a.jpg

There was a follow up later with him in the hospital bed all puffed up. Amazing.

Look, in defense of the great state of Florida, it's getting pretty crowded. We just happen to have a lot of people that we....... maybe would rather not talk out of stupid things....

In Florida we prefer to let Darwinism just play out naturally.

We are doing the best we can... don't want to raise suspicion....

Still nothing from TF`s Florida couple "B and B". Over a year now I think.

Wish more people hated FL.
We also have hurricanes to chase them away.

Have him signs do not rescue form and let him go. Don’t waste our resources on knot heads

I don't see how what he's doing is "criminal", he's not the one calling the CG as far as I can see. Would you get arrested if you sailed your 20' sail boat off FL? I've seen many cases of 'manifestly unsafe' behavior by kayakers in the PNW but no one is proposing to arrest them. A great example was a kayaker who managed to get sucked into Haro strait, over turn, and have to have a sailboat pull him from the water. He'd crossed the border so the Canadian CG helo lifted him to shore for medical attention. Of course he wanted to be taken back to Roche Harbor but sorry, the Canadian CG isn't an Uber service.

Sounds like a mental health issue.

:facepalm: I guess we cant say ‘idiot’ here so I will just say he has serious mental short comings. Remember, he votes
I wonder if the CG rescues his wheel too.

I don't see how what he's doing is "criminal", he's not the one calling the CG as far as I can see. Would you get arrested if you sailed your 20' sail boat off FL? I've seen many cases of 'manifestly unsafe' behavior by kayakers in the PNW but no one is proposing to arrest them. A great example was a kayaker who managed to get sucked into Haro strait, over turn, and have to have a sailboat pull him from the water. He'd crossed the border so the Canadian CG helo lifted him to shore for medical attention. Of course he wanted to be taken back to Roche Harbor but sorry, the Canadian CG isn't an Uber service.

It became criminal when he defied a USCG Captain of the Port order.

USCG saves lives first, property second if able to do so.

If the USCG accidentally sunk his wheel, it would deter a second attempt this season.
I wonder if this is the same guy who tried before?

If the USCG accidentally sunk his wheel, it would deter a second attempt this season.
I wonder if this is the same guy who tried before?

Yes...it's why he was arrested...Posts #2 and #3..... plus the linked article.

Last edited:
As usual the media only did their momentary sound bite and disappeared.
Bogus claims of "Raising Funds" and no sign of any type of support.
Now besides the cost of multiple rescues the state will be burdened with his food and lodging for a period of time.
Perhaps a better alternative would be to pay him a stipend to operate his "watercraft" down at the KW dock sunset celebration for the tourists.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom