Fly bridge enclosure condensation problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarantelle

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ocean Dream
Vessel Make
1981 Ocean Alexander 55 Pilothouse
My boat has an enclosed fly bridge. Now that the nights are getting cooler I’m getting quite a lot of condensation inside the fly bridge and not sure what I can do about it. The fabric is not Sunbrella, but I don’t know what brand it is. It sorta has a vinyl like feel on the under side which is getting a lot of condensation. Any ideas of how I might be able to reduce the amount of condensation?

Sounds like Stamoid. Your best bet is to use a simple absorbent Shammy to remove all the condensation. Another alternative is to pump heated air into the space like a car defroster.

Thanks. Stamoid is probably correct. I’m really hoping to find a way to keep things a bit drier in the flybridge when I’m not around. As it is, an enclosed fly bridge that is hit by an internal rain storm every night kinda defeats the purpose of being enclosed.

You need some air flow. Open up a few small areas to let air flow through.

Thanks. I’m going to have to experiment a little to figure the best way to open up a few areas but not risk too much canvas flapping in the breeze!

Maybe make some fairly short straps to snap to the canvas and then to the snap on the boat. Then prop it open with something.

Back
Top Bottom