For sale: 2024 Helmsman 38 Sedan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick14

Guru
Vessel Name
Culmination
Vessel Make
Helmsman 38 Sedan
Unfortunately, due to the realities of aging and health issues that have developed since I ordered the boat, my long distance cruising days are now behind me. Reluctantly my new 2024 Helmsman 38 Sedan (the first one of this model) is for sale. This is the April calendar boat in the calendar created by Jill (Tom-Jill-Lilly).

This is the link to the post in the For Sale section here with photos and a more detailed description:

and the yachtworld listing:

IMG_6336.JPG

Nice boat - I would guess she should move quickly for you.

If not sold before then, my 2024 Helmsman 38 Sedan is scheduled to be at the TrawlerFest Baltimore boat show, September 26-28.

If not sold before then, my 2024 Helmsman 38 Sedan is scheduled to be at the TrawlerFest Baltimore boat show, September 26-28.
I am surprised she is still available - good luck with Trawler Fest!

I am surprised she is still available - good luck with Trawler Fest!

Thank you. Honestly, I think I might have priced it too low, which might be raising questions. It’s about $100,000 less than a comparably equipped new one would cost, plus the tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of time I’ve invested debugging and commissioning it to literally better than when delivered (as well as being available immediately without a year and a half wait for a new build).

Both Presidential candidates are ‘talking tough’ on China, and plan to raise tariffs on all goods imported from China. One candidate has talked about raising the tariffs to 60%-100%. Imagine what that will do to the price of boats made in China 😲😳🤯.

Thank you. Honestly, I think I might have priced it too low, which might be raising questions. It’s about $100,000 less than a comparably equipped new one would cost, plus the tens of thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours of time I’ve invested debugging and commissioning it to literally better than when delivered (as well as being available immediately without a year and a half wait for a new build).

Both Presidential candidates are ‘talking tough’ on China, and plan to raise tariffs on all goods imported from China. One candidate has talked about raising the tariffs to 60%-100%. Imagine what that will do to the price of boats made in China 😲😳🤯.
I would not overthink it - you just need the buyer (who will be found) - the boat is compelling: new, priced right, good layout, available now, etc. Hang in there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom