Ford lehman 120 jabsco pump bolt size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

va3mrj

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tearsa Morgan
Vessel Make
CHB 34 dc
I have a 198 CHB trawler with Ford lehman 120 and Jbsco sea water pump. The six bolts holding on the cover plate have worn heads and I want to replace them. Anybody know the diameter, lemgth and thread size? We have a local hardware supplier that stocks everything. Thanks

Greetings,
Mr. vr. Take one bolt out and bring it to the store. I replaced ours with SS socket head cap screws.

iu

I replaced mine with 6 thumb screws so that I didn't need a tool to take off the cover. I bought a little box of them (because that's what I found searching the internet). Send me a direct email and I'm sure we can figure something out if you want to go that direction. Mine pump is the Johnson replacement, but I think the size and thread is the same.

Mark

I don't think they are made anymore, but I replaced the covers on my two 120 Lehman raw water pumps with Speed Seals. I see them advertised on the internet for certain engines, and perhaps a diligant search would turn up one for a Jabsco/Johnson pump. They used only four large diameter knurled knob ss screws and an o-ring vice papaer gasket. The photo shows one on the Johnson pump I switched to, but it had previously been on the OEM Jabsco pump.

Attachments

• Johnson pump Lehman 120.jpg
    Johnson pump Lehman 120.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 26
Speedseal is the way to go, absolutely. But the owner of the company died and the heirs let it go out of business last I heard.

Thanks, that woould work better. Do you have the part number on the box, or the size? Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom