Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here’s a picture of a screen shot that I just took and the url for the thread. I also send you a pm.

Larry M
TFSite Team
IMG_0311.jpeg
Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

Hi Larry, your post 121 above seems to address deprecation of the Mobile App. It's not clear to me how this is relevant to my issue (No File Attachment button in Conversations).

That's my whole point. That "Attach Files" tab (in your red circle) does not exist for me in CONVERSATIONS.
The "Attach Files" tab does exist, however, in normal threads.

I just checked 3 different devices and 2 different operating systems. The attach files show. Do you see the boxes you can check that allow anyone in the conversation to invite others and/or lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)?

Thank you, Larry.
I just checked that there weren't any pending Windows updates on my PC. There weren't. It has the latest version of Windows 10 Home.
I also checked that there weren't any pending updates on my FireFox browser. There weren't. It has the latest version.
I just now restarted my PC.
Below is what I see when I try to start a Conversation in FireFox.
In Opera browser (which I rarely use), I don't even see the "Insert Quote" tab/button. I see none at all.
C2.jpg

In the reply editor (which is the same for posts and conversations), look for this icon and click. You should then see the option to attach an image.

1729090119452.png

All that said, you can add an image to the text box by simply copy/paste, bypassing the drop down option.

It's worth noting that some of the toolbar options collapse under menus on smaller screens. Look for the three vertical dots to find more editing tools.

In the reply editor (which is the same for posts and conversations), look for this icon and click. You should then see the option to attach an image.

View attachment 159146

All that said, you can add an image to the text box by simply copy/paste, bypassing the drop down option.

It's worth noting that some of the toolbar options collapse under menus on smaller screens. Look for the three vertical dots to find more editing tools.
Thank you, Janet - but no, I cannot. The picture below is what I see when clicking on the toolbar button:
C4.jpg

And for what it's worth, I just tried this on Microsoft Edge browser (no cookie blocking).
Version 129.0.2792.89 (Official build) (64-bit)
Same results.

What I find most strange is that this all works totally as it should for me in "normal" threads, like the one we're using here. No problems at all. "Attach Files" appears. Drag & Drop works.

For what it's worth in troubleshooting I just now tried using my VPN to connect to a server in Miami rather than coming at TF from Sweden. It made no difference.

And my Windows and FireFox browser language is set to English (US)

Back
Top Bottom