Grand Banks Issues and Solutions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Choices

Guru
Vessel Name
Choices
Vessel Make
36 Grand Banks Europa
I started a blog of our boat, a 92, 36 Europa, about five years ago to document our travels and upgrades to the boat, "grandbankschoices".

Since that time people have reached out to me through the blog and most have become very good friends.

The blog has taken a gentle turn lately toward GB repairs. Some really good ones.

It now shows how to replace the refrigerator and frig or rebuild it with new technology, in a weekend!

John documented how to build your own tools to remove cutlass bearings, not in a weekend.

Tim documented how to rebuild the incoming fuse holders.

I rebuilt all our windows with the latest technology. Also rebuilt the fresh water system, dampner plate, transmission, and devised a home made fuel polishing system.

At this point we have not done a fuel tank yet. Hopefully never.

You have to dig around in the blog to find stuff. If you have questions PM me or email me at customal@flash.net

All these guys will gladly answer questions on how they did or didn't do their repairs.

The old site, GBIO something, has become lost, and with it a trove of information. When I bought our boat I read that entire forum, every post, six times.

We need to offer other owners a source with a way to do repairs correctly to these old Devas.

Safe travels.
Mike

Do you have a link to your blog?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom