Hi I’m Matt and New to Trawler Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew McCoy

I just bought a 2009 Ranger diesel tugboat and I live in Los Osos California. My home port is Morro Bay where I’m a member of the MBYC. I hope to gain information on doing a week long trip on the Delta out of the Bay Area towards the Stockton area. I’m looking for any advice on planning a trip like this with advice and recommendations on where to stay in the different marinas.
Sincerely, Matt McCoy .

I just bought a 2009 Ranger 21 EC TUG

Attachments

• IMG_7894.jpeg
    IMG_7894.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7876.png
    IMG_7876.png
    576 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7835.jpeg
    IMG_7835.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 7
Welcome Matthew. I have a Hatteras 48 LRC based in San Diego and enroute to the Delta. We had to stop last night at Santa Barbara as swell and winds at Conception are quite unfavorable. We might have to hold for a week.

In regards to your trip, there are many places to see and things to do. In SF I think you can still anchor or moor behind Angel Island and hike to the top. If you can get transient slip at Pier 39 (surge) or at South Beach Harbor you can explore the city. Slips around Emeryville in the East Bay are usually available.

The transit up the Sacramento/San Joaquin rivers is pretty straightforward especially in your shallow draft boat. Old town Sacramento and the Train Museum are not to be missed. Once in the delta easy to find a slip or anchor but expect some current.

Thank you so very much Ready, Guru for your reply and information. I chartered a 44 or 48 foot Hatteras 25 -30 years ago in the British Virgin Islands. Yes Point Conception is very dangerous and tricky to go around in fowl conditions. Be careful as you know and you are so smart being patient. If you come into Morro Bay Harbor I would love to meet you. I’m a member of the Morro Bay Yacht Club. Give me a call if you want Matt McCoy 661-520-8121 We have transient availability for cruisers.

Thanks Matt. We were in fact hoping to make it to Morro today but even the Santa Barbara channel from Anacapa to SB was not much fun. We were able to get a nice slip here is SB. Probably make it to Morro in about a week given Gale winds predicted tomorrow and high wind pattern setting in. We are pretty happy to be comfy! Will give you a call when we see a widow to depart. Worse places to be stuck than Santa Barbara.

Back
Top Bottom