How nice that you exist!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sMartin

Vessel Name
ESprit
Vessel Make
Greenline33 Hybrid
Hello, ahoy and thank you for welcoming me to the community.
My name is Martin and I come from Germany, just north of Stuttgart on the Neckar. My wife and I have been travelling the canals of Germany and France for a few weeks a year for the last five years. This year we discovered the Netherlands as a wonderful area for boating. I currently have a 50 year old Fjord 30. Next year we will buy a new boat. It will be a Greenline 33 Hybrid from 2012.
I am 58 years old and have 3 grown-up children who also enjoy boating - preferably with their dads.

Welcome aboard! My wife and I lived in Harthausen, and were married in Filderstadt coming up on 35 years ago! Cruising the canals must be a wonderful experience.

Willkommen!

Welcome aboard, Martin!
You are correct. The GL33 is a perfect boat for the canals and rivers in Europe. We took our GL33 from Sweden to the Med in 2019. Now in Greece. With the GL33, you can travel probably 80% of all the canals in France -- umm--if they have enough water to operate the locks. Even if your new GL33 has the fixed mast (i.e. instead of fold-down), you will be able to get under 2.9m bridges. The absence of current and the low speed limits are absolutely perfect for running full days on electric and enjoying the silence!

Near Stuttgart!

images

L

Hi Martin - this is Kai from Hamburg, exiled to the British Isles since 1983. My Irish wife Jaci and I are currently having a cruiser cat built in Poland and will be taking her to the Med via the European inland waterways (yes she is just narrow enough) next spring. The Greenline boats are awesome - our boat will also be a solar electric trawler. Happy travels, and maybe we'll meet up somewhere sometime!

Hello Martin. You live in a wonderful area. I was in Heilbronn for several years and my wife (girlfriend at the time) lived in Stuttgart. I frequently think how great it would be to cruise the rivers of Europe.

Welcome aboard.
Dave

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom