How to replace the radar scanner cable on a 201 Mainship 390

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Depot

Veteran Member
Has anyone replaced or installed a radar scanner cable on a Mainship 390? Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks
Steve

I changed my analog Raytheon/JRC radar on my 1999 MS350 to a Simrad radar. I had to remove the mast by removing the large Phillips head screws around the base and cutting through the sealant. I think it was 5200 and I had to get some solvent designed specifically for 5200. This was a slow process Pulling the old cable out of the mast was the easy part. There was a large hose similar to the water hoses used on boats that ran from the base of the mast forward to the bump in the fly bridge helm that was used as a conduit. I had to use a lot of wire pulling lubricant to pull the old cable out and the new one through and it wasn't easy. I probably had to remove the old connector to do this. Fortunately the new cable was a thinner Ethernet like cable.

Clark

Thank you. Sounds challenging and doable. Is there room to run other small wiring for Starlink or TV anteana?

On our current boat I went with the wireless Raymarine radar, Quantum 2. It is nice in that you only have to run power and ground to it, no data cable. Makes it much easier to run since no connectors.

Back
Top Bottom