Hurley H30 davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
Just curious if there are any folks out there using the H30 davits and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance!

I have the H2O model and am not impressed with the build quality. Cut my fingers first time installing them due to raw casting on end of square tubing. They stain (rust) easily. Probably not 316 stainless. Not sure about the H3O components.
Todd

Funny, I have the H2O set and was impressed with quality and build, but I guess an inside finished edge was missed. May have lower quality stainless, mine are relatively new and show no rust yet.

The davits are what they are advertised as....maybe

Iin my case,, it is the application that can be awkward. For those giant swim platforms where you can almost walk around the dink, great..... for mine....its small and tying the dink down a bit of a challenge. The poly runners are VERY slick you pull a glass bottom RHIB onto, so you have to lash the dink down very securely. On a small platform and high deck to work from is challenging.

The H3O setup seems great, measure like crazy to make sure you have the platform room to pull up, swing and still have comfortable standing room.

Last edited:
Yeah my swim platform is quite large and fairly high off the water. They seem ideal for the setup I have. I just remember somebody not liking them for some reason. I don’t want to start pouring money in and then it not work well.

I’ve had the H20 for 3 yrs, no rust at all. I did have to swage down a couple of rivet heads that protruded into a channel the square tube slides in. I agree with the comment on swim step width. Mine is pretty narrow, so it’s just about impossible to pull the rib up beamwise as intended. I intentionally got a light aluminum rib, so I can easily pull it on bow first from the side.

I have friend with an H30. It seems to work fine. Though it's surprising how little of the hull is actually supported.

Back
Top Bottom