Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell me I am not crazy to like this boat....please.:facepalm:

custom coastal cruiser
Donsan / Guru,
Are you still on this site? Someone told me about your post about Albula, so I thought I would touch base with you since I am the owner of her. I bought her after those pictures were taken as these do not show the modifications made. A 3 foot swim platform was added to her hull extending her water line from 56 feet to 59 feet and a back entrance door was built in for easy access. If you would like to learn more about her, please do reach out.

Draft 65ft???
Fuel 4000 gallons???
Engine hours 10???

Very interesting

It really does show you how little some brokers care about their listings. To not re-read your listing is simply negligent, IMO. My pet peeve is how rarely draft is part of the main specs, and how often listing photographs do not show useful details of engine rooms. And then there's the lack of a single image that shows the state of the batteries, and their wiring...

While I was looking for Anneka-J I eliminated many possible boats on these criteria alone.

Man...I’d have to place that Vic Frank among the Flemings and Krogen Express for the queen of good looks.

Here is another Garden boat.
Taken in walsh cove, they had started their day in the Broughtons.

Can't remember the hp, but it was impressive

Attachments

• summer 2014 Desol (178).jpg
    summer 2014 Desol (178).jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 88
Vic Frank is one of the most successful designers for beautiful, well built boats.

That's another of Vic's great "pleasure craft" creations!

That's a Bill Garden design. Vic Frank is the builder.

This Salthouse 58 has a similar look on a smaller scale.
A bit narrow in the beam but lovely looking boat.
1.jpg

And this on’s been repowered w a JD.
I suspect you’re seeing all 80hp looking at both the bow and stern waves.
The rest of the boat may have been up-graded also.
That would make this a scream’in buy .... IMO

Last edited:
She’s back!

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1985/sparkman-stephens-54-trawler-3825848/

The Esprit was advertised here and elsewhere for sale in 2019, it now appears she is back on the market. I see that the mast has been removed in favor of a lower profile mount for the radar antenna. My guess is she made the loop, or was prepping for it? Or maybe the new owner wanted better visibility from the upper helm.

Still love her, even though below-decks she isn’t configured the way I would need her to be.

Attachments

• 85E535CA-DF2F-4A27-AF30-A720043F6B38.jpg
    85E535CA-DF2F-4A27-AF30-A720043F6B38.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 65
Neat boat, looks like it sold for around 155k. I bet you could put 5 times that into it to get it in yacht condition. But you prob don't need to...like the mast as was.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom