IP Camera Videoing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
I have 5 cameras onboard, 1 analog & 4 IPs. I'm able to record from each of the IPs but I would like to shoot a continuous video from 3 different cameras. When I do, I get 3 different videos! Other than removing the Micro SD and using it on my computer to meld all 3 videos into one, is there a way to accomplish this without transferring the SD card back and fourth?

I have 5 cameras onboard, 1 analog & 4 IPs. I'm able to record from each of the IPs but I would like to shoot a continuous video from 3 different cameras. When I do, I get 3 different videos! Other than removing the Micro SD and using it on my computer to meld all 3 videos into one, is there a way to accomplish this without transferring the SD card back and fourth?

Install a Network Video Recorder (NVR) on the boat. This would solve your issue.

Depending on the IP cameras you are using you might find a downloadable windows based camera viewer/recorder from the manufacturer. Check out AXIS' website and you will see what I am referring to. Only catch is that it the network recorder software available from a given security camera manufacturer may only be compatible with their cameras.

Nice spec - that would work even if a bit of overkill.

Personally I'd install a NAS device that offers that and a lot more. Check out synology . com. I run a DS415+

The Brockerts
Completely agree. I run Synology with Surveillance Station at home and on the boat but this is usually a more budget oriented crowd [emoji14]

On my Synology NAS I run the following packages:

Packages most people would use and run
Calendar: so my wife and I have a single calendar
CardDav: my address/phone book
Video Station: I have over 10 GB of movies and TV series
Surveillance Station: for security and while driving the boat(engine room and
back cameras)
Photo Station: never store photo's on icloud or google

Probably not used by many people
Cloud station Server: keep things backed up to onedrive
Mailplus Server: mail for logical-energy.com
webstation for Brockert.com
VPN Server
PHP

The Brockerts

Check out Blue Iris software.

Check out Blue Iris software.

The downside to Blue Iris is it bring along a whole other PC, which in turn has it's own babysitting requirements. I've used both and the set-and-forget nature of purpose-built camera NVRs has a lot going for it.

I've got Foscam.
POE connections from camera to the Network Video Recorder (NVR), then hard wired to my 4G boat router. Video is available either real time (up to 9 cameras on same screen) or via recordings activated by alarm. This means - it records when a movement or sound threshold is reached.
Well worth the investment.

Back
Top Bottom