John Deere 6068 engine paint

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tarantelle

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Ocean Dream
Vessel Make
1981 Ocean Alexander 55 Pilothouse
The boat I recently bought has John Deere 6068 engines that could use some paint touch ups. The paint is an off white. I haven’t been able to find any engine paint that says it should match the color used by JD. Does anyone know of an engine paint that might match or come close? Thanks!

I have the same engine on my boat, why not just buy the John Deere marine white paint from any John dealer dealer?

I haven’t found a John Deere dealer that can find the JD marine white engine paint - yet. I didn’t think it would be this difficult to find.

Just googled ….

Thanks. I’ve seen this version of JD white, but haven’t been able to verify anywhere if it is suitable for high temperatures of the engines. I’m hoping to get a hold of someone at JD who can tell me if it can be used on engines.

Thanks. I’ve seen this version of JD white, but haven’t been able to verify anywhere if it is suitable for high temperatures of the engines. I’m hoping to get a hold of someone at JD who can tell me if it can be used on engines.
I don’t think any of it is high-temp paint. Normal engine temps are within the range of typical spray paint, and the hottest parts (dry exhaust?) aren’t painted.

Age and heat will alter the new paint color over time, which is why searching for the perfect factory color might not be productive. Try a good quality spray paint that you can get locally in Appliance White. You might find it to be the same or better in all repects than what you get from JD. Factory color or not, it won’t be a perfect match now or later. As long as you get close and are neat about it, it will look good and should hold up well.

Back
Top Bottom