Lighthouse v2 to v3 upgrade?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constellation1

Vessel Name
Constellation
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
Has anyone done the Raymarine Lighthouse 2 to 3 upgrade on their ES series plotters? If so, is it worth doing?

Has anyone done the Raymarine Lighthouse 2 to 3 upgrade on their ES series plotters? If so, is it worth doing?

It is worth it- even though the ES series doesn't have 100% of the functionality under LH3 that the Axiom does (like the Augmented Reality system).

We did it and it's well worth it.

I did so. There is a gotcha with it. You will no longer be able to update software via the web. You will need to use a micro SD card loaded with updates from a PC to do the updates. If you are already doing so, Then that capability loss isn't a big deal.

Also, the eS127 was much slower to boot up. It went from about 15 seconds to about 2 minutes. Not a big deal, but another shortcoming.

Raymarine did sunset updates to LH 3 for eS I think in late 2019 or early 2020. It is actually not the same program as the LH 3 for Axiom. Of course, they probably sunset the updates for the old software too. When updating to LH 3 there are specific steps you should take, which should still be available on their website.

I liked the enhanced functionality, and didn't experience any issues other than the irritations above.

Thanks everyone. I did this software upgrade on my es128 and added an Axiom Pro - my es127 died. LH3 works very well on the es128 and I’m glad I did it.

Back
Top Bottom