Live well(s) for a GB 42 classic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidvicious

Hi all! I'm about to become the new owner of a '94 GBC. I spend a lot of time fishing the channel islands, and am looking to add a live well or two (maybe 60 gallons total). Also need to add some rod holders, related. If anyone has taken this type of project, I'd be super interested to see where you located the livewells!

Considering a partially or fully recessed larger tank in the aft storage compartment (below deck) and then a smaller tank that would get refilled (perhaps something removable and rail mounted if that exists).

Or perhaps easier would be to oblong 30 or so gallon livewells that could double as seats.

Fishing primarily the Channel Islands, I'd like to be able to take a few days live bait with me, have plenty for chum, etc.

I've done some heavy googling but haven't seen examples of any of these type of installs yet,

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 11.08.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 11.08.46 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
A buddy with a similar boat and fishing aspirations put a pair of diaper bags on the back of his. At first, I was skeptical, but they did a great job of keeping bait and were easily removed when not needed to free up the transom.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom