Looking for a Liveaboard marina FL.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vandeusen

I am looking for a marina in the Florida area that is reasonably priced at no more than 800 per month. I am looking for an annual contract for my 1977 Marine Trader 34 DC I would like to be at least Daytona or south or Tampa or south of that. Does this even exist? I would like to be close enough to where I can drop down to the Bahamas at will thank you in advance

Try Sunset Bay Marina and Anchorage in Stuart FL. We’ve been live aboard there for 10 years. It’s a really nice marina.

You might get a mooring ball. You’ll need a dinghy though

It’s hard to tell as slips are based on boat size. If a mooring ball is vacant you can pick it up but you will need a dinghy. I suggest you call the marina to inquire about a slip.

There was a marina in La Belle that was advertising $6 per foot for the month.

That was before covid. I don't know if they are still doing it now.

Port Labelle Marina they are right on the Caloosahatchee

Harbortown Marina on the Canaveral Barge Canal - between the Port Canaveral Lock and the AICW. We have a 50' slip @ $749/month (includes tax), plus electric (50 amp, metered, $15 min). Free water, cable, & WiFi (onSpot). We're not liveaboards - I think the current fee is $150/month. Harbortown is a natural hurricane hole, no storm surge. On site restaurant, pool, picnic area, dog park, haul out/DIY yard, travel lifts, fuel (gas & diesel) & pump out dock. There are a few empty slips.
https://harbortownmarina.com/

Harbortown Marina on the Canaveral Barge Canal - between the Port Canaveral Lock and the AICW. We have a 50' slip @ $749/month (includes tax), plus electric (50 amp, metered, $15 min). Free water, cable, & WiFi (onSpot). We're not liveaboards - I think the current fee is $150/month. Harbortown is a natural hurricane hole, no storm surge. On site restaurant, pool, picnic area, dog park, haul out/DIY yard, travel lifts, fuel (gas & diesel) & pump out dock. There are a few empty slips.
https://harbortownmarina.com/

Thank you for your reply but that's more than I was wanting to spend I was looking to spend no more than 800 total at the rate that you're quoting it would be 900 Plus Electric I do appreciate the reply though

There was a marina in La Belle that was advertising $6 per foot for the month.

That was before covid. I don't know if they are still doing it now.

Port Labelle Marina they are right on the Caloosahatchee

Thank you for your reply I did check in with them currently they still do not have electricity so that doesn't work for me as I don't want to live on my generator solar and wind power alone but thank you for your reply

Try Sunset Bay Marina and Anchorage in Stuart FL. We’ve been live aboard there for 10 years. It’s a really nice marina.

Thank you for your reply I do see from their website that this would be beyond my 800 budget as its 848 plus extras

You will likely not be able to stay within your budget in south FL. You might consider looking further north or perhaps a spot in GA. Good luck with your search.

You will likely not be able to stay within your budget in south FL. You might consider looking further north or perhaps a spot in GA. Good luck with your search.

Actually they're out there because I am in a marina in Daytona that was $743 for the month as a transient but they don't have any annual slips available I'm also heading to Titusville next month and that's $470 for the month as a transient but again they don't have an annual slip available

Below $800 is going to be tough.

If there are or close ones, waiting lists I would presume are in effect.

My guess with inflation, the $800 for liveaboard will quickly disappear unless you find some real backwaters place which are far and few between south of Daytona and on the salt. You may find some on the St Johns river.

Metered electric may help if you can conserve...otherwise, usually included electric is way higher than the going Kw rates actually used except in the super AC or electric heating months.

Why not simply give the marina a call?

Because they're like a million of them! And perhaps some one living aboard might know of a place if you read you would know I follow up on the marinas that were recommended

Because they're like a million of them! And perhaps some one living aboard might know of a place if you read you would know I follow up on the marinas that were recommended
So you come to this forum ask for help and then start insulting people?

I see a question from someone which was answered.
I see no insults at all.

this is like watching the oscars....:D

I too think there was no harm.... no foul.......

Best we could do for 54' Hatteras was twice your cap including liveaboard surcharge and electric. We are in Ft Myers at Legacy Harbor, and frankly wouldn't look anywhere else. Cost is justified by protected marina, well-run and secure.

Below $800 is going to be tough.

If there are or close ones, waiting lists I would presume are in effect.

My guess with inflation, the $800 for liveaboard will quickly disappear unless you find some real backwaters place which are far and few between south of Daytona and on the salt. You may find some on the St Johns river.

Metered electric may help if you can conserve...otherwise, usually included electric is way higher than the going Kw rates actually used except in the super AC or electric heating months.

Coasts are going to be hard, not impossible, but rare. The OP suggested the St. Johns River, and you will find slips in your price range at Monroe Harbour in Sanford. It's about 160 miles south of Jacksonville. The pros are it's in a restored downtown area within stumbling distance of several craft breweries and a bunch of nice restaurants. Marina is nice, but it's changing ownership this month, so secure a rate now. I was paying about your budget for a 52', liveaboard with electric (not metered) last year. A 34 would be far less, and my slip was under a roof (extra cost). You can get to the Bahamas from there, but it does add a couple of days to the trip (Sanford > Jacksonville > Canaveral > West End). Another one you can try would be Palm Coast Marina in Palm Coast. It's on the Intracoastal, so you have to go to an inlet to get into the ocean. No idea what their rates are currently. Best of luck.

Marinatown in North Fort Myers would probably fit your budget.

Englewood, Fl

Look at Cape Haze Marina and Palm Harbor Marina in Cape Haze. At times you can also find slips at Uncle Harry's in Boca Grande. Most slips at Uncle Harrys are privately owned. There is also Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda and Burnt Store Marina. We have stayed at all at different times between 2011 and 2018. We were a 48' but I think their prices may still be within your range with the exception of Palm Harbor. Good luck in your search. And I think your reply was appropriate considering the question that was asked. We are here to help each other. Welcome!

I was in Regatta Point for about 18 months. Nice marina but $$$. I was going to move to http://www.parrotcovemarina.net/ but circumstances made me head to Baltimore instead. Parrot cove was small but protected, and had that small town feel. IDK what he charges /ft now though.

You might look into Cocoa Village Marina. (https://www.cocoavillagemarina.com/) It's a small marina owned by the marina condo association (i.e. the folks that own the slips). They have a nice staff and rent out unused slips transient/monthly. (I'm not sure if they do yearly.) They have two areas: East and West basins. They are different costs and the less expensive one you need to vacate if there is an incoming Hurricane. It's a nice place... but small... they have pump out at each slip... but no fuel and no hall-out facilities. I believe they have a limited number of liveaboard slips... you will have to give them a call.

The Titusville (city) Marina is another option and is right next to a full service marina (hall-out, service, etc.).

Finally - And don't everyone GASP :) ... give a quick look on Craigslist boats. Pull up Orlando and select all the nearby areas you might consider. Then search for dock, slip, marina. You will get hits of folks wanting to rent their private docks... and make no mistake... 99% will say no liveaboards but... but... I have seen marina's post on CL... and have seen some interesting ones show up that do allow liveaboard. (A while ago there was a hotel in Clearwater that had a dock and allowed liveaboard.)

As they say... "even when you know... you never really know. You know?" LOL! good luck! Peace - Pete

Live aboard marina

Port of the Isles marina near Naples may work for you. They do have live aboard slips. Not sure about availability. They are a ways in from the gulf. Not marina for you if you want quick access to open water.

Back
Top Bottom