Mainship 395 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWA1967

Vessel Name
Restaurantour
Vessel Make
Mainship 395
2010 Mainship 395 - I need to replace thruster control pad. It’s inaccessible from main switch panel. Does the helm panel lift up to provide access ? How do you access the other electronics on the dashboard. Help ��*♂️
Thank you

Attachments

• 395-LowerHelm.jpg
    395-LowerHelm.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the MS390 where the wooden dashboard lifts up, so I am wondering if they used the same setup on the MS395?

I cannot figure out how it lifts I assume the front tilts up but it’s held in place. Do you recall where the release is ?

Thank you.

The SidePower controller screws through the front. I'm not familiar with the controller in the pic.

I would think that there is a way to lift that helm. Just thinking logically...Mainship has made that space incredibly easy to access and work on for many, many years. I doubt that late in the game they threw that convention out the window. That helm has the pedigree of its predecessors. That area is a major confluence of DC power with a bunch of bus bars.

Look at how that wooden upper interfaces with the upholstered lower. Either the upper tilts up, or the entire thing tilts up.

For now, try removing the MFD and try reaching in from there.

That makes sense. The garmin and yanmar units must be accessible. I tried to wedge my hand under through the main control panel - no luck. I think i may have to remove some upholstery to access fasteners. Just can not locate any. Thank you.

The clearances of the frontwire harnesses is minimal so i think it may tilt up from the rear. That will be my next move. Thanks to all for weighing in.

Look closely at the four corners of the thruster control. Mine has small removable pieces that cover the mounting screws at each corner.

Porman - Thank you for the info. Mine is a bit different with a bracket underneath and four plastic round nuts. I can reach only the front two from the main switch panel.

Thank s for the suggestion! Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom