Mainship 400 Galley Table Conversion to Single Berth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bay Retriever

Vessel Name
Bay Retriever
Vessel Make
2004 Mainship 400
Am considering adapting the galley table on my 2004 MS 400 to provide an additional overnight single berth. The table (54" by 27") would be modified to come off its current pedestal, lowered and turned sideways to align with the galley seat. Turned sideways the table would meet up with the 20" galley seat and could provide a 74" single berth. I currently have two easy chairs in my salon (no couch) so there would be no challenge fitting the single berth along the port side.
During the daytime, the talbe would be put back in its normal position.

Let me know if anyone has already done this or has any suggestions. I am thinking it would significantly increase the versatility of the 400's layout and provide another berth as the guest cabin makes claustrophobia a reality for some guests.

Interesting idea Tom. I have not seen or heard of anybody doing this but I don't see why it can't be done. Make sure you take pictures.

We do have some a friend who can't sleep in the guest cabin and sleeps on the sofa but since that's only once a year at most I don't think I'll be following in your footsteps at this time.

Good luck with it.

Last year I had the same problem. Over the winter last year, I ordered the Nuova Mapa table system. I ordered it from a place in Washington State I believe. It wasn't cheap but very much worth it.

I installed it this past summer and it's turned our dining area into an optional sleeping area by utilizing this device.
Even if we're just dining. It's easy to slide the table for and aft, or even rotate it out of the way. It's so useful. We absolutely love it.

Can you replace the two stools with a padded bench that is level with the aft facing bench seat? Then all you need to do is drop the table and add a filler cushion.

I met a couple with a 34T that replaced their couch with 2 reclining chairs that you could recline into a flat sleeping position.

Great info! Further to this, has anyone any experience or suggestions on converting the guest cabin single berths into a double? 2007 MS400

My 2004 MS400 came with some filler boards and a cushion that fills in the space. They were found under the berths in the storage area. I am guessing you don't have them but pretty easy to fabricate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom