Mainship models

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

warren

Vessel Make
Albin 27 fc
Hi folks, I saw this cool mainship 34 with a factory fiberglass fly bridge hardtop last November in Fl west coast , then I saw another this part week on east oat , different boat.
Does anybody know if this was a factory option or is this a quality aftermarket job?
Mainship did hardtop 34 is a pilothouse not flybridge model ,
but I cant find this pictured actual model above listed anywhere.
Thanks

Attachments

• 97E5FC4C-1339-449B-90AD-13D8BED33AFB.jpg
    97E5FC4C-1339-449B-90AD-13D8BED33AFB.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 96
That was a standard Mainship model. Google Mainship 34 flybridge and there are lots of pictures and listings for them.

The flybridge was factory; the hardtop likely custom.

Hi guys so a related question on Mainship 34……
Are the 34 motor yacht , 34 pilot , 34 sedan and more different hulls than the Chruimin (?) design trawler hull .
And are thes all different from silverton?

Are the 34 motor yacht , 34 pilot , 34 sedan and more different hulls than the Chruimin (?) design trawler hull .

The only Cherubini-designed Mainship hull that I know of is the original 34... approx '78-'88 or so... built by Silverton at first and then spun off into a separate Luhrs Group company.

The original 34 was relatively skinny compared to later hulls which I think are all beamier.

I didn't track all the newer ones, though.

-Chris

Warren
I'm not familiar with Chruimin design but can offer a little info re MS.
On my Bacchus website in the Useful Links section you will find a link for Mainship History that clarifies some of the progression of the company.
IMO the usage of "sedan" can be confusing as MS used it for some models but I see broker listings for 34Ts that refer to them as sedans when MS did not use that terminology... I dont believe MS ever used sedan for the mid 2000 34Ts.
I have also seen Pilots referred to as 34 Pilot Sedans and I believe these are nothing more than a hardtop option on a Pilot.
MS did make & market a 34 Sedan Bridge model (1980s? 1990s?) that was very different than the 34 Trawlers.
While the hulls may have some similarities I believe they are all different. Most of the earlier trawlers and the Pilot, Sedan Bridge models had narrower beam than the 34T or HT (same as the T but hardtop w /o the bridge) which are 14'.

I'll check it out!
Found some good info,
I’m more impressed by mainship than I was as I knew the connection with Lehurs /hunter/silverton from the 80’s. Not a sign of quality back then!
Glad to see the independence of mainship from lehurs corp.
Warren

Last edited:
Sorry warren, I didn't read your post correctly and gave a bad answer. I'll try to do better.

Hi, no worries I Reread my post and it was a little confusing but not as bad as the range of names gives to various mainship models over the years!

I'll check it out!
Found some good info,
I’m more impressed by mainship than I was as I knew the connection with Lehurs /hunter/silverton from the 80’s. Not a sign of quality back then!
Glad to see the independence of mainship from lehurs corp.
Warren

Wasn't really independent. Just a separate production entity, along with Hunter, Silverton, Luhrs... None were Vikings, Grand Banks, or Oysters, but all were generally decent production boats that all got better over time. Until the market downturn and the bankrupcy.

The current Marlowe Mainship is altogether different, though.

-Chris

Hi, no worries I Reread my post and it was a little confusing but not as bad as the range of names gives to various mainship models over the years!

Yes, our boat says Mainship Trawler in big letters on the side. But with 740 HP and a semi-planning hull, I don't think so.

Attachments

• MS Model List.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom