Mainship Pilot 30 cabin Heat options after hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could this be an option ? Park it outside, run the hose inside the cabin and you will have heat.
An interesting idea, especially since the Amp draw is less than 1 amp after start up, he say's 10-20 watts after start up, which is very managable, even thru a USB connection.

I just reread this thread from start to finish. Apparently the OP hangs out off of Catalina Island and wants to stay warm overnight. When I lived in SoCal a number of years ago, I too hung out off of Catalina summer or winter (well not in Jan-Feb).

I never felt the need for heat in the evenings or overnight, only in the early morning before the sun warmed things up. So I used a propane radiant heater that I ran for an hour or so each morning. Worked great.

Let me reiterate, I would never sleep overnight with an unvented propane, kerosene or diesel fired heater. Too much chance of CO poisoning.

That leaves three options for safe overnight heat: a wall mounted heater like the Newport, a forced air heater like the Espar, or the portable but vented Chinese diesel fired heater. I like the Newport best.

David
David, If you want to use your boat year round here, it definitely get's cold at night, probably not to NE standards, but uncomfortable would be a better word, to the point where it's not fun. A simple heating solution could make that experience more enjoyable, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom