Marine Air - Air Conditioner - Recharge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To add to this, in a vacuum, water (moisture) will boil. The vacuum pump will suck out the refrigerant and some of the oil. It will boil the water and that vapor will be pulled out too.

I do a lot of my own work on classic cars. Because I live in the valley of the sun all of my classic cars have AC. Generally, if I am going to pull down an AC system with a vacuum pump, I will hook the vacuum pump up and let it run all night. I have my own vacuum pump. And I know there is a rental place not too far away from me that will rent one. Which may be a solution.

I have never worked on a R22 system. I would want to be familiar with operating pressures before doing work.

Good point about the pressures. Those will vary with refrigerant type and to some degree with the system design.

On the reverse cycle side for heat generation are the same principles for pressure in play?

Yes

Reverse cycle (or a heat pump) and regular AC are all just absorbing heat and transfering that collected heat to somewhere else. A heat pump (or called a reverse cycle AC or a heat exchanger) has the ability to do this process in both directions. Forward and reverse.

It absorbes heat in one area and releases that heat in another. In a boat that heat is released to water. Or in the opposite direction, will pick up heat from the water and release that heat into the boat. And at this point, i would be proper to state that there is no cooling. Just the lack of heat. An AC system blows cool air into the room. That cool air is just without heat. That air will be heated when it gets into the room and be sucked up into the coil in one side of the system. Where that heat will be removed from the air coming through it.

The pressure requirements will be the same in heat or AC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom