Marine Elegance issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_5935.jpeg
IMG_5936.jpeg
IMG_5937.jpeg

Went to the store to take pictures of the Raritan Marine Elegance intake filter

In reference to post 30, the only head to put in is a Marine Elegance IMO.

In reference to post 30, the only head to put in is a Marine Elegance IMO.
I have 3 MEs and they have been flawless for living aboard for 5 years. I would be curious to hear about Dometics toilet (not sure of model) that is supposed to compete with the ME, but has a stronger macerator with 4 blades instead of the MEs two.

Darn, I was hoping that I got it right, oh well…
You did ( as well as Peggie)....and you certainly know your crap! I always show off the ME to all my new guests....then I try to explain to the manly ones that they need to sit to pee as I'm tired of cleaning up after everyone. Guess I'd do better not inviting anyone aboard for our little cruises.

Yes, everyone sits to go to the bathroom on our boat. I added a bidet attachment to our ME and absolutely love it. Saves on TP going through the head. It does use a bit of water but not a significant amount.

In my search for a DE boat in the 30-34’ range I am finding about half of them don’t have a head. If we settle on a boat that we love but doesn’t have a head already installed...what would be your go-to brands and or kits? Open to ANY suggestions, even the composting heads.
We installed a Marine Elegance last summer, and love it. As my wife would say, 'It is a game changer". We love it.

Yes, everyone sits to go to the bathroom on our boat. I added a bidet attachment to our ME and absolutely love it. Saves on TP going through the head. It does use a bit of water but not a significant amount.
I bought the bidet for my ME. Did you just t-off the water intake hose, or did you go full on and go hot water?

I tied into hot and cold water.

I tied into hot and cold water.

Excellent. Thanks!

I only use the cold water. I have cold bidets in our house in Michigan and don’t have an issue with just cold. My wife doesn’t like the cold water but I really don’t have any problems with it. In the boat I wouldn’t want hot water because you will waste water and holding tank capacity waiting for the hot water to get to the head.

I only use the cold water. I have cold bidets in our house in Michigan and don’t have an issue with just cold. My wife doesn’t like the cold water but I really don’t have any problems with it. In the boat I wouldn’t want hot water because you will waste water and holding tank capacity waiting for the hot water to get to the head.
Scottwb may have ruined me by attaching a link to the BioBidet BB2000 (I think the Jetsons referred to this model). It heats the incoming cold water, air dries, self cleans, male and female settings, remote control (Im assuming for messing with your spouse), air freshener, and a night light! And only $500!

Can you put a price on remotely spraying your spouse’s undercarriage?
She doesn’t have back issues that makes it extremely difficult to use TP. So I don’t care one way or the other if she uses the bidet. But it works very well for me.

Priceless. Even better if we give the remote to Mrs. Dave.

Hey Dave, just kidding. :devil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom