Moorage cost search

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catimann

Is there a web page that tracks or lists moorage costs along our fine coastline? Or do you literally have to call every place? Newbie here.

I don’t know of any but I dock the boat at my house. Dockwa app might help but I have never used it.

Moorage is just another type of real estate and as they say in real estate, the 3 most important criteria is location, location, location. Do you want to live in the high rent areas or in the hood, or some place in between?

Your avatar says your location is Canada. Are you asking about Canadian places or the whole North American coastline?

Then are you asking about the West or East coast?

Then are you asking about nightly, monthly or seasonal moorage costs?

A starting point might be this....

But you still have to go to each website to get pricing and many may say call for current prices.... but it is a starting point.

True, a lot of websites don’t even have current prices. What a PITA…

I agree that YOU must do some phoning to get costs AND availability.

On the Southwest Coast of Canada (that might seem odd to those from the PNW) I know of no website that publishes Annual or Transient Moorage costs or its availability.

Should you find one, please share.

Don’t forget to ask about additional charges i.e livaboard fee, if power is included etc.
Also, ask about parking. That could be a big deal.

Yes, do call and ask. For example my dock advertises slip cost online. When I called it was 20% less.

Another good sign is the marina will not only want a pic of your boat, but also an in person visit. Want to see what you look like and how you talk.

On the Southwest Coast of Canada (that might seem odd to those from the PNW) I know of no website that publishes Annual or Transient Moorage costs or its availability.

Should you find one, please share.
I would much prefer a fuel cost reference web page. Even there you have to phone ahead if your path has choices.
AS for moorage I hope that marinas give there best rate to those that have stayed a number of years and charge thru the nose for that last empty berth. Kidding. :devilish:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom