New dry bilge system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
M/V Intrigue
Vessel Make
1985 Tung Hwa Senator
I had a pretty good home made dry bilge for quite a few years now that consisted of a Sea flow pump and cheap amazon timer. Its basically all the components that would come with the Sea flow dry bilge all in one but packaged separately and components installed in various locations. My bilge is very flat and very long. As a result the amount of water the regular bilge pumps will not pick up, say 1 inch of water, spread out over 12 feet and 8 inches wide tended to be gallons of water at 1 inch deep, which would eventually evaporate and begin to smell. It was always a dark constant abyss to lose parts and tools lol. Now there are several actual products on the market such as the Sea flow. But recently the Bilge B Dry came out. I was at the St Pete boat sow a few weeks back and the company had a demo set up. It looked great so I got one. It was MUCH quieter than by Sea flow pump and it was Bluetooth controlled. Due to Bluetooth the entire system is just a 2 wire hook up. My old system needed wires run from power source to helm timer and back down to the pump near the bilge.

The pump on the Bilge B dry is TINY as compared to my Sea Flow. But the performance is about the same and the noise is 1/4.

The other thing about the Bilge B dry is he has multi station systems, up to 4 locations. In order to do that you need a pump for each location. So he actually uses multiples of those small pumps inside the box to provide vacuum to each location. I have water in pockets on either side of my outboard stringers that i would like to get rid of too.

And of course bluetooth controlled to either run manual or set up a routine to run as needed. I let mine run on a program constantly.

Its a bit pricier than the Sea Flow, but the Sea flow uses the same noisy pump and awkward timer I had. I have not seen many reviews of the Bilge B dry so I wanted to report my experience. Quite happy with it.

I’ve got the same situation with a long, shallow bilge and no sump pit.
Rain and spray come in through poorly designed deck hatches, so I’ve finally resorted to a large shop vac with a small bilge pump mounted inside of it.
Noisy and manual, but it will remove almost all of the bilge water.

I installed a dripless packing hence never enough water in the bilge to worry about.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom