Nordhavn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting discussion on resale and value of different boats, so here is one more data point for those interested. Having owned three Nordhavn's, almost purchased a Selene and KK then built something a little different (Helmsman 38E) and now looking for our next boat adventure (electric, row boat or possibly even a Sailboat which we should call "Going Backwards") one can conclude I'm likely very confused.

Regarding resale its hard to go wrong with a Nordhavn. All three of our boats (2 new builds, one used) were sold between our original paid price and 10% less). Length of ownership was between 18 months and four years). For fun I recently compared our performance against KK and Selene and found KK to run a close second and Selene a distant third. Regarding quality (include design, systems, access and construction) I have to give Nordhavn the edge but in no way is perfect, no boat is. I learned quickly even the smallest Nordhavn is a complex boat with more systems than I care to think about. With this much complexity its only a matter of time until something requires attention which is part of the journey. This is one reason we built our last boat to be simpler and it worked (for us). No stabilization, no generator, no water maker, no wing engine, and few other no items. Granted the mission of this boat was weekends and local coastal cruising which it supported just fine and was not a candidate for "ocean crossings" or 1000 mile trips south (or north) to Cabo. Even with less complexity we enjoyed of share of troubleshooting and mechanical issues which though minor were still issues from time to time. Hey, its a boat.

I have to agree with the post about all the newbies buying trawlers and as a result driving up the costs of resales which will not last forever. When the bubble bursts (and it will) I predict a large number of newer used boats hitting the market resulting in a buyers (not sellers) market and lower pricing. For those who can wait a year or two to make their purchase you may end up saving a few dollars but then again you also end up losing 1-2 years of fun on the water.

One last comment about owners websites, I have been on the big three and agree while the Nordhavn site is closed to only boat owners (current and past) the amount of information and assistance is IMO the best.

Enjoy the journey!

John T - N4050, N4061, N3522 former owner

While individual N owners I talked to were gracious and helpful, the "groups" of owners did not appear that way to me. A small point perhaps, but it did factor into our deciding which boat to purchase.

The only group that is restricted is the owner’s group forum, which is limited to owners only. There is a “dreamers” group, as already mentioned, that anyone can join and has lots of good interaction between all kinds of people (including current owners) that are interested in the boats.

I was initially a little surprised at the entrance limitations of the owners group, but it is with good reason. The conversations are limited to the boats and closely related topics, so no politics, joke threads, bragging about past exploits and all the other stuff that makes TF and other forums fun. Keeping it all owners also helps avoid having the topics veer off into talk about sailboats, day boats and whatever else that isn’t relevant to a N question.

There is an amazing amount of experienced brain power available on the site and I’ve yet to see a N technical question asked that went without a thorough and correct answer. It is a great resource and serves a different purpose than other sites such as TF.

I think overall you will find N owners and groups just as friendly and welcoming as any other boating group. Most of us like nothing more than talking about boats with new friends.

I think if you know what you're getting into, are reasonably capable and are willing to learn and deal with whatever comes your way, you've got a decent shot at just jumping in and making it work. The ones who fail out are the ones that love the idea of it, but don't really know what they're getting into and just aren't ready for the demands it places on them.

We really had no idea what we were getting ourselves into- it was quite a bit more challenging than I expected. The ongoing PM and repairs can wear on you too. Had we known all that it took we might not have done it- here’s to ignorance- Cause we are so glad we did it!

One of the most remarkable things to me about our 18 month journey was that there was an insurance company willing to insure me- I sure as heck wouldn’t have done it if I was the underwriter. Waaaaaay too many bad things can happen- and that’s if the skipper is experienced and knows what he’s doing! God bless that underwriter, whoever (and wherever) he is.

Actually, when shopping for a bigger boat these days I think getting a pre-quote from the insurers is a great idea. As I understand it the market is getting more and more choosy- and the number of carriers willing to jump in is shrinking. I doubt I’d be able to get insurance today for what we did and who we were.

We had hundreds of “challenging” (scary) moments aboard but the insurance scare we had when halfway through the Panama Canal was one of the most memorable (terrifying). I’ll save that for another day.

We named our boat Long Time Dead- the Australian version of YOLO. Pretty hard to argue with either version- so I’d say pick a boat and have at it. Many of you have forgotten more than I’ll ever know about boating. The fact that you’re participating on this forum is a great start to accomplishing whatever the heck it is. The only way we were able to do it was to build a great Rolodex of supporters and gurus- I was never shy about seeking assistance from anyone and everyone. The PAE folks and the NOG were priceless for us, as were the many “boaties” (another Aussie term) we met throughout the trip.

One of the things I miss most about our trip are the frequent dingy rides through some far-flung anchorage to meet the other crazies and get their story. Great stuff. Boaters- especially the kind willing to end up in some of these anchorages- are just amazing creatures with exciting backgrounds.

Sure like to do it again. I’d love to cross an ocean- we would’ve done that but when you run the numbers and time it out you just can’t get that done in only 2 years.

I’d sure LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the NW Passage, but again I probably have no idea what’s really involved. May be all the more reason to hurry up and do it, I suppose.

Thanks for your kind words, Sunchaser. I'm one of many Nordhavn owners who've cruised more than a few miles, but I'm not sure I'm all that accomplished. I've owned my Nordhavn since 2005 and crossed the Atlantic in her, and she still serves me well. I also had an American Tug 34 for about five years, another terrific boat, but sold that last summer. TWO cruising boats is TOO many for this old cruiser!

Milt Baker, Nordhavn 47 Bluewater

I spec'd my boat with a lot of redundancy, including 2 water makers, 2 radars, 2 gensets, 2 completely independent blackwater tanks and pumps separately serving 4 heads, 2 or more of everything electronic, 2 mains, 3 independent fuel tank systems, 2 inverter/chargers, etc. The one thing I was talked out of installing a second of was an autopilot. The builder's comment was that I am much more likely to get a leak in the hydraulic line than to lose any component of the AP system. I don't carry spare hydraulic hoses, but the lines are almost entirely copper pipe. There is a flexible hose connecting the cylinders driving the rudders. I do carry a spare of that, as well as the parts and tools necessary to repair any leak in the copper piping. I also carry a spare AP hydraulic pump and brain.

I applaud your thinking. Removing single points of failure in your boat's systems means that you will have more up time and less down time.

That fact is not even arguable, it is simply a fact. You understand the importance of having reliability in your systems and have taken the steps and borne the costs of having a higher level of reliability than single point of failure designs.

Ducks seem quite capable, but much less "refined" compared to Nordhavn and others. Consistency seems to be a bit of an issue too.

Bering's check the boxes, but just aren't proven to any degree, either as boats, the builder, or much.

I wouldn't say that Bering yachts are not proven as there are vessels in the waters for more than 12 years. They cruised more than 100,000nm around the globe in all sea states. The yachts are built with a full displacement steel hull for safe and comfortable cruising.

There is a nice video summarising Berings current activity

Right now they have 8 vessels in build in Turkey between 70 and 145'. Also, Bering is expanding to key yachting locations by opening their own sales offices there.

Thanks to all who posted — this has been extremely interesting. It not only educated me, but put some fear in me as well about the complexity of the systems on these boats. I have a lot more to learn than I thought.

Early in the thread I was asked in reference to creaking floors on the sailing Cats, if I had large multi-hull experience. No— i do not have large multihull experience — I have fishing boat as in sportfish Bertram, Hatteras, and go fast outboard fishing boat experience — (contender, worldcat). I dont like balsa core below the waterline, and have learned that I will most likely end up buying 2 boats, one for the Caribbean to play,cruise and learn for a couple years, and then if everything is good- I would look to sell that and buy the South Pacific boat for that mission. Originally I had the idea it would all be the same boat, but I now realize it wont be, as they are 2 completely different missions.

Last edited:
Nordhavn often uses that rally as promotional material. However, when read fully and studied carefully it's quite the opposite. It's poor promotional material for both Nordhavn and the idea of crossing. There were several, especially spouses, who said never again and insisted on boats being put on the market the moment the crossing was completed. Stabilizers were a major issue. There were other problems too and the salvation was having engineers along for the trip. Many of the boats, especially the smaller ones, could not have done it on their own with just the owners. So read it as a what not to do as well. In terms of crossing oceans, one what not to do is the wrong boat and often that is too small. If it's going to make one aboard swear off all future ocean boating then it was not a good idea for that boat and the ones aboard. Have to know all those aboard as well and their tolerance for rough conditions. We boat in conditions some of you don't, but would never take you aboard into those conditions. I'm sure there are others, especially commercial boaters here who have boated in far worse than we have on the job. One final point on the Rally. The boat leading the way was not a Nordhavn.

I just watched it and completely agree with you on every point you make. This is not a Nordhavn commercial but a reality check for dreamers.

First, I was surprised how benign the conditions often were.

Second, those smaller Norhavn’s looked incapable of making that journey. They were basically babysat through it. Losing water making? Stabilizers? Both the main and the wing engine? They didn’t even seem to ride well, with people sleeping on the floors.

If a crew member isn’t fully conversant in all the systems completely and have the diagrams, it is a mistake to do this. (One of the leaders had fuel issues just after leaving for example as a valve was incorrectly set).

Finally, it was completely irresponsible to have someone swim boat to boat in those rough seas because it was too rough to launch a tender? What was their plan if he couldn’t make it?

(Unrelated to Nordhavn: I was also worried that the man had an appendix issue that needed to be removed not a kidney stone. What’s the solution to that if you are out of helicopter range? If one would be dispatched.

To be candid, I felt this harmed their reputation. And I was really warming up to the concept of longer voyages in the Nordhavn.

Last edited:
Fortunately you can use other boat manufacturers' rally's as data points to compare with.

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

So which Nordhavns were you considering that you no longer are due to lost reputation?

Last edited:
Fortunately you can use other boat manufacturers' rally's as data points to compare with.

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

So which Nordhavns were you considering that you no longer are due to lost reputation?

Are you trying to make a counter point to me? (Rolling eyes?)

The video was sobering as it showed all the things that could go wrong.

I’m not comparing Nordhavn’s relatively to other manufacturers boats but the sufficiency of those that attempted this Rally. By reputation they seem to be the best in class for this and I take that for a given. If they can’t do it then I will accept others can’t.

It’s pretty clear from viewing that there were failures at sea that were disabling and without factory support some boats wouldn’t have been able to continue. It just punctured my internet informed view that these were bullet proof ocean crossing boats, directly from the factory. I now understand why posters say extensive boat prep needs to be done. Again, not a knock on Norhavn but an acknowledgement of the seriousness of these crossings.

It also informed my view that one needs to be extremely competent and well versed in systems to be safe and that would never be me. Also, what happens if that one person becomes incapacitated? Where is the redundancy for that? A professional captain seems warranted for crossings.

As for Nordhavn size, watching it, I would want something larger than most of those for the outlier weather conditions that could occur. It seems certainly uncomfortable and potentially dangerous to be in one of the smaller models, especially if repairs need to be made. Lots of spare parts seem necessary.

Are those unreasonable conclusions? It’s just a view of the demands and seriousness of a major crossing having watched it. And that despite getting tempted I realize now I probably wouldn’t want to commit to the preparation and knowledge necessary to safely do it.

Last edited:
Are you trying to make a counter point to me?

I’m not comparing Nordhavn’s relatively to other manufacturers boats but the sufficiency of those that attempted this Rally. By reputation they seem to be the best in class for this.

It’s pretty clear from viewing that there were failures at sea that were disabling and without factory support they couldn’t continue. It just punctured my internet informed view that these were bullet proof ocean crossing boats. I know understand why posters say extensive boat prep needs to be done.

It also informed my view that one needs to be extremely competent and well versed in systems to be safe and that would never be me.

As for Nordhavn size, watching it, I would want something larger than most of those for the outlier weather conditions that could occur.

Is that unreasonable? It’s just a view of the demands of these crossing having watched it.
I haven't seen or read about the Nordhavn rally in a few years so my memory may be
a bit rusty.

The stabilizer issue was of course the vendor's responsibility so really a non-issue.
Such a thing can happen to any boat at any time. Not Nordhavn specific IOW.

As far as not having a fuel valve correctly open or closed see the above statements.

I am commenting on your statements re: Nordhavn's reputation being somehow
lessened due to the rally.
It is ballsy to take a 40 footer across an ocean, not to mention around the world.
I know: I've done it on a 30 foot sailboat that was far less suited for such a crossing.

If the fact that mid ocean breakdowns occur can affect your confidence in any one
brand, ok, so be it.

I doubt Nordhavn has lost any sales since doing the rally and using it for promotion.

Last edited:
It also informed my view that one needs to be extremely competent and well versed in systems to be safe and that would never be me. Also, what happens if that one person becomes incapacitated? Where is the redundancy for that? A professional captain seems warranted for crossings.

I completely agree with your conclusion that ocean crossing in a recreational boat is not to be undertaken lightly. You should be fully prepared to operate and repair all systems on the boat. If you aren’t completely confident in your equipment, preparation, and abilities, don’t do it. You are also correct to consider that dealing with a health emergency is also up to you for major parts of the crossing.

All boats shrink dramatically in big weather and open water. Any boat in the sizes that are owner-operated will be tossed in big weather offshore. Seaworthiness in a recreational boat means it will survive the bad weather and big seas, but it doesn’t mean that you will enjoy the ride.

Have fun with coastal cruising. You may surprise yourself at some point and realize that you would be prepared and comfortable to venture far offshore. Unless and until that happens, stay with what you enjoy and are confident in.

Are you trying to make a counter point to me? (Rolling eyes?)

The video was sobering as it showed all the things that could go wrong.

I’m not comparing Nordhavn’s relatively to other manufacturers boats but the sufficiency of those that attempted this Rally. By reputation they seem to be the best in class for this and I take that for a given. If they can’t do it then I will accept others can’t.

It’s pretty clear from viewing that there were failures at sea that were disabling and without factory support some boats wouldn’t have been able to continue. It just punctured my internet informed view that these were bullet proof ocean crossing boats, directly from the factory. I now understand why posters say extensive boat prep needs to be done. Again, not a knock on Norhavn but an acknowledgement of the seriousness of these crossings.

As for Nordhavn size, watching it, I would want something larger than most of those for the outlier weather conditions that could occur. It seems certainly uncomfortable and potentially dangerous to be in one of the smaller models, especially if repairs need to be made. Lots of spare parts seem necessary.

Are those unreasonable conclusions? It’s just a view of the demands and seriousness of a major crossing having watched it. And that despite getting tempted I realize now I probably wouldn’t want to commit to the preparation and knowledge necessary to safely do it.

I think those are all excellent conclusion.

Any trip like that is nothing to be taken lightly. Thing will go wrong - you just don't know what - and you need to be prepared. You need contingency plans for people and skills, not just boat systems. Plus route contingencies, etc. etc.

I think it's just foolish to buy a boat and go start an ocean crossing. The people I know who do it are experienced, well prepared, have thought through as many contingencies as possible, and are taking well informed risks.

Buying a Nordhavn doesn't make you an ocean crosser. But if you are an ocean crosser, a Nordhavn can be a good boat to do it in.

The stabilizer issue was of course the vendor's responsibility so really a non-issue.
Such a thing can happen to any boat at any time. Not Nordhavn specific IOW.

I doubt Nordhavn has lost any sales since doing the rally and using it for promotion.

The stabilizer issue was very much a Nordhavn issue as they installed the stabilizers on these boats and the issues were more in the installation than the stabilizer capability. Now Nordhavn did address the issues and subsequently worked out stabilizers on Nordhavn's.

Few looked at details of the rally and it definitely helped Nordhavn's reputation and did not cost them sales.

I think the big problem was that there were some Nordhavn's which in my opinion were too small for the crossing and some owner/operators definitely not ready for a crossing. It was subsequently seen as anyone can buy a Nordhavn 40 and cross the Atlantic. Just note how many of those boats crossing never returned.

One oft ignored aspect is that the boat leading one group was not a Nordhavn. It proved other boats capable as well.

As to what I'd cross in, perhaps a Nordhavn 62, but never in a Nordhavn 40. Also only in a boat I'd run and tested previously on long offshore runs. I'd prove it on a thousand mile offshore run up the East Coast before the Atlantic.

As to what I'd cross in, perhaps a Nordhavn 62, but never in a Nordhavn 40. Also only in a boat I'd run and tested previously on long offshore runs. I'd prove it on a thousand mile offshore run up the East Coast before the Atlantic.

I think I'd rather cross an ocean in a solid 40' sailboat than an N40 (or any 40' powerboat). Just seems like a better tool for the job. A lot less space/comfort once you get there though.

The marketing stunt worked for me. I was in middle school when they did the NAR and vividly remember following along. The stabilizer failures, fuel manifold screwups, seasickness, and sleepless nights only inspired me to try and do better when/if I got the chance.

Fast forward a few decades and I'm about to arrive in San Francisco after a mostly uneventful four day trip down from Seattle on my own Nordhavn. We had a fuel filter clog that required a few minutes of running on the wing and a neutral switch for the stabilizers failed so they wouldn't engage. Both issues were dealt with in 10 minutes or less...a bit stressful to be sure, but great learning opportunities. I'm not ready to cross oceans yet, and I don't think the boat is quite ready, either, but we're getting there. Will we ever do it? Not sure, but it's fun working towards that goal.

I think the NAR was a HUGE learning opportunity. Nordhavn and Naiad certainly learned a lot about stabilizer sizing (they need to be upsized for real offshore work) and fuel manifolds (they need to be simpler). The boats have evolved and improved since then and lots of the older boats have been updated.

I think I'd rather cross an ocean in a solid 40' sailboat than an N40 (or any 40' powerboat). Just seems like a better tool for the job. A lot less space/comfort once you get there though.

About the only 40 ft “common” motorboat I can think of that is capable is a Diesel Duck. By design of course. The construction would need to be adequate as well. Space wise I found it rather small, but that’s just personal preference.

a lot less space/comfort once you get there though.

I find N40 interiors to be quite compact and "sailboaty" with very little if any usable outdoor space. IMHO - you'd need to get into the 50ish plus size range to be live aboard comfortable the other 99% of the time when you're not crossing an ocean.

I haven't read all the posts so this might be a duplicate. Here is a video of an ocean crossing by a Nordhavn armada, the smallest being 40 feet. It's long at one hour plus but if you want to see the 40 footer having problems you can jump to the 45 minute section, the problem occurs just after the 45 minute mark.

So tried to get this video at the beginning, reposted three times and couldn't get it to begin properly.

PS: MV Freedom has gone silent now for roughly two months. Don't know if they have thrown in the towel for vlogging.

Last edited:
There are but two 40 foot vessels that carry a CE Ocean A rating, an MJM 40 and a Nordhavn 40.

At any given time a Nordhavn is crossing an ocean somewhere.

I've made passages in Nordhavns, and other vessels, in high latitudes, Greenland, Northern Norway, Svalbard, Iceland and Newfoundland.

All were fit for the application and I wasn't worried about the vessels' seaworthiness, but I always learned lessons about the design and systems, it's research that always generates a list for me of things to modify, or add to existing and new builds. These regions test vessels and crews, and it's tests like these that refine the products for the builders. Vessels that claim ocean crossing capability, and there are many, but do so rarely, have a much slower refinement process. Refinement occurs much more rapidly as a result miles under collective keels rather than passage of calendar time.

Attachments

• 081614328A.jpg
    081614328A.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 54
All were fit for the application and I wasn't worried about the vessels' seaworthiness, but I always learned lessons about the design and systems, it's research that always generates a list for me of things to modify, or add to existing and new builds. ......Refinement occurs much more rapidly as a result miles under collective keels rather than passage of calendar time.

.....says the guy (then yard manager for a highly respected yard - Zimmerman Marine) who went from Chesapeake Bay to Bermuda aboard a Willard 30 :)

Steve D's theme is 100% correct - there are builders who happen to build boats; and then there are true boat builders. Amel, the French builder of world-capable sailboats, is perhaps the best example of the latter. I am sad to admit that Willard is an example of the former (for years, their core business was not government contracts - mostly for RIBs by the way - but building fiberglass wind-deflectors that sit atop the cabs of OTR trucks).

PAE/Nordhavn do an amazing job of building world-cruising capable boats. I remember when they were preparing for the N40 round-the-world stunt. They ran the boat up to Seattle - over 1000 nms of challenging waters - a couple times tweaking the fuel system (day-tank) and prop combination. Now, PAE has a large, devoted owners group that provides feedback, but back-in-the-day, they did the hard work themselves. Not infallible by any means, but a leader in the industry for practical experience in small offshore capable boats. It explains why the N40 proliferated at the same time the W40 (and Willard) exited the industry.

The above said, I do take issue with general theme of Nordhavn marketing - it promotes idea that you can obliterate risk by writing a check. True to some extent, but ignores reality that with redundancy comes complexity. Few are prepared for the complexity part, myself included. Which is why I agree that a 40-foot sailboat is often a more fit-for-purpose ocean-crossing platform (though there's no reason it can't have the same complex systems, and these days, often does). Part of the reason Nordhavn owners are so cliquish is they all need the same [relatively] exotic stuff repaired so they congregate near well-known yachting centers with extensive service providers to repair/replace/upgrade the cool gear they can't live without. Nothing against them - just an observation. Birds of a feather I suppose. But when everything is working, very very comfortable boat.

Peter

There are but two 40 foot vessels that carry a CE Ocean A rating, an MJM 40 and a Nordhavn 40.

Wifey B: My baby Riva at 44' is CE A rated. Only problem is range is only about 200 NM so very limited passage maker. Can cross to Bimini. :lol:

PS: MV Freedom has gone silent now for roughly two months. Don't know if they have thrown in the towel for vlogging.

Yes, I've been starting to get concerned about them. Hope all is ok.
I can certainly understand taking a break...or even calling it quits.... from public vloging like that, but I'm surprised about no announcement or "warning of going dark" ..... I think of them as friends in a way, and so it's troubling.

I'm hooked on watching youtube these days, and I'm appreciative of those folks that do a good job of it....although I can't see myself putting it all out there like some of these folks do. I find it an interesting way to live vicariously through others and at the same time gather insight into current or future hobbies to explore.
most or probably all of these types of channels don't show the entirety of their lives, but I think The MV Freedom folks Shawn and Elizabeth do a nice balancing job of it....telling enough that a viewer can feel like they kinda know them, but not too much....
There are some other channels that I kinda don't enjoy because they are too inhibited and viewers are left guessing...how did they get there? Where are they from? what do they do for a living? and then they seem annoyed that people assume that they are trust fund brats or something....
I watch an aviation channel that I like a lot (aviation 101) but he's often introducing new "characters" in the story with no introduction......wait, what...is this a new girl friend?....a new student?....???..... and then a few episodes later the character is just gone from the story. It's hard to "connect".

Anyway, the MV Freedom channel is I think the only Nordhavn (or boats similar to Nordhavn) cruisers out there living a life close to what I'm dreaming about

back on topic, I think that entire video about the Nordhavn trans Atlantic trip was worth watching.

Seahorse in China and the yard in Turkey build the buehler diesel ducks with a 2 at the end. Structural build quality is said to be excellent. So regardless of size if last number is 2 (382 or 462:etc.),they are from those yards to my understanding.

If anyone is looking for specific feedback, I visited Asboat in Izmir and was specifically NOT impressed by the metalwork, insulation and things hiding behind all the pretty stuff. The carpentry and interior finish work was beautiful, but I rejected their proposal.

IMO, anyone wanting to build custom better make sure to visit the yard and inspect boats at various phases of completion.

I never visited Seahorse, but I believe one of our TF members @DieselDuck, has information on them.

Nordhavn Adventure

Ran across a video that fits right in with this topic. This couple took a big gamble and took a 43 around the world.

MV Freedom: They are fine. On Instagram recently as well. She started a job so apparently quite busy.

MV Freedom: They are fine. On Instagram recently as well. She started a job so apparently quite busy.

Good to hear. The Eric and Christi Grab video is interesting, especially in light of their lack of experience. Can you imagine if either of them had posted on the trawler forum: "Hi folks, getting a Nordhavn 43, thinking we are going to go around the world in two years. We don't have much experience boating but we think we are going to go for it anyways, what do you think?"

PS: Here is a book review of the book Christi wrote - https://archive.nordhavn.com/news/headlines/unexpected_circum_review/

Last edited:

No question. I have no desire to do ocean crossings in a powerboat. I could be talked into it on a sailboat.

Now, I should clarify that I would have no desire to cross an ocean on a powerboat that I or my friends could afford. There are some boats that are far, far beyond anything I could hope to afford that I wouldn't mind attempting it on.

I also think I would likely prefer old-school paravanes instead of active stabilizers. Maybe I'm a Luddite at heart?

There are some boats that are far, far beyond anything I could hope to afford that I wouldn't mind attempting it on.

No need for expensive boats, just get an older Tayana 37 also know as a CT 37. Here is one advertised in BC for $88,000 and with your 20 % American dollars discount, a bargain at $77,400.

Here's a bit from the seller's site, PS: my buddy sailed his CT all over the planet.

Specialty is one of the popular double ended 37′ Tayana Cutters. These are well built, offshore cruisers with full keel and attached rudder. This yacht has a roomy interior layout which allows two people to live aboard comfortably. She was designed and built with one purpose in mind and that is to cross oceans safely and comfortably. There are over 500 of these Tayana 37s cruising the oceans of the world.

https://thunderbirdmarine.com/yacht-sales/robert-perry-37-cutter/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom