Nordic Tug 32 Davit recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieG

Vessel Name
Axiom
Vessel Make
American Tug 34
Hi all,

We are looking at an NT32. The one we are interested in has the extended /beefed up swim platform, but not a dinghy davit system (apart from basic snap davit plates).
We also have an Apex 11' RIB with a Tohatsu 20hp outboard that weighs 420bs dry. Is it feasible to stern mount that much weight on a davit or is that likely to seriously upset the boat trim? I guess a salon top crane mount is another option, but that would probably work out more expensive. Be interested to hear any NT32 owners (or others) thoughts, or if we will need to downsize our dinghy!

Thanks
B

Attachments

• davits.jpg
    davits.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 9
I had an older NT32. Crane was mounted on the top deck. If you don't mind the impact on visibility and longer LOA I think I would prefer the ease of the transom mount.

But I would seriously consider downsizing depending on how you use the dinghy. The smaller models with electric motors are pretty compelling. No gas and very reliable and quiet. I have your same dinghy/motor on my 48 Hatteras. Now that I purchased a Greenline 33 I am going to a small dinghy with electric.

Back
Top Bottom