Northern Lights Generators

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constellation1

Vessel Name
Constellation
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
This is just positive praise to Northern-Lights. Not only am I a super-fan of my NL 9kw generator that continuously does what it is asked to do - 3400 hours so far, but last week Northern Lights offered a four part course on generator maintenance, for free. The course was sensational as Bob Senter (Lugger Bob) will answer any diesel related question along the way. I learned a ton and enjoyed the program immensely. It was done remotely, over Zoom but live. Great product and great customer care.

How did you learn about the course?

Training courses are on their website.

Den
You make a good point about maintenance attentiveness. Doesn't this credo apply though to most if not all gensets?

This is just positive praise to Northern-Lights. Not only am I a super-fan of my NL 9kw generator that continuously does what it is asked to do - 3400 hours so far, but last week Northern Lights offered a four part course on generator maintenance, for free. The course was sensational as Bob Senter (Lugger Bob) will answer any diesel related question along the way. I learned a ton and enjoyed the program immensely. It was done remotely, over Zoom but live. Great product and great customer care.

While we rate NL at the top, I might add that many other engine manufacturers offer various courses and many schools offer them as well. Most of these schools are open to anyone interested (and in most cases, willing to pay). Just that training is available.

I would agree. It was a great class. Now to get my new generator

Great tip on the Zoom classes. I'm going to sign up for the 5kw session. Thanks for publicizing these NL classes.

How did you learn about the course?

Someone told me about it on my dock so I emailed their support email. I got a response saying the next course was full and they would put me on a wait list. A month later I was in a class.

Den
You make a good point about maintenance attentiveness. Doesn't this credo apply though to most if not all gensets?

I would say it does as Bob does a great job of making it 'generic', while still answering very specific questions about Northern Lights products. No question is off limits - I learned things about my Cummins QSB in this course.

I have requested this thread be combined with the other thread named Northern Lights. There are some advice on bleeding.

I would say it does as Bob does a great job of making it 'generic', while still answering very specific questions about Northern Lights products. No question is off limits - I learned things about my Cummins QSB in this course.

I would agree. Bob was good. Do you remember the part about bleeding the new filter. He suggested using the bold on top of the fuel filter instead of the injector bleed port. I could not find this in the old videos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom