Northern Lights M643 5kw trouble shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Call Northern Lights

With respect to so many posters...Why don't you first call the company that manufactured your product before asking people who say "I think" this is the solution? Northern Lights takes their products seriously and will answer any question you have by simply calling them on the phone.

I called Northern Lights before discovering my fault. The fellow I talked to was extremely helpful and spent considerable time in explained what the various faults might be.

As for comment regarding everybody giving their opinions. This is the best part of the trawler forum. The shared knowledge on this board is its most important resource.

Congratulations on solving the issue! Troubleshooting can be extremely frustrating but the rewards are gaining experience and achieving a positive result.

Thanks for letting us know the solution. In addition to all the valuable suggestions the best part of TrawlerForum is posting the results so the rest of us can benefit.

Please read post 29. The genset works
I guess you wrote #29 while I was writing my response.

Good to know that the starter and generator motor is operating as expected even though we still have an electrical problem

With respect to a bad ground wire suggestion, it could be that since I get my ground from the battery negative post. I'm going to replace both positive and negative cables. Prehaps after 40 years of service these wires have had enough.

My NL 6Kw motive power is a Shibaura Model E673L-C-8602-TD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom