Not a trawler post but lots of good responses in the past from this group.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IF you guys had asked me yesterday, we were leaning towards the Meridian because it is 5 years newer, has an up salon/galley, 330's instead of 270's, genset and AC, and is a safe bet for resale in our PNW market.

Now, after more discussion and reading all your posts, which are very revealing and hugely helpful, we are crossing over, now slightly favoring the Tiara Express due to quality build, big interior living, huge cockpit fully enclosed with Strataglass, big swimstep and a fantastic dingy which the Meridian doesn't have. All that hp ain't so bad either. If I could just get past the future resale issue of a Tiara in our market, I think my decision would be made.

Just one more thing about being down under vs. up and in the daylight. I have convinced myself that if I add a diesel furnace to heat the cockpit and made sure I could increase AC air flow as well, we would likely spend most of our daylight hours up in the cockpit rather than down under. If it's time for TV or computer activity, the cave could be more than satisfactory.

Last edited:
Well, I did it. I pulled the plug and made an offer on the Tiara. Underway, anchored or at the dock, with everyone (or just the wife and the dog) up on that huge aft deck contributed significantly to the decision. If the deal goes through, I will make an adjustable deflector box to proportion AC (or heat) delivery to the cockpit or the salon as needed. I don't really like fly bridges and so no loss there. Tough call, this one, but I learned that the trend, at least here in the northwest, is starting to lean toward the eastern style boats sans flying bridges, like the Cutwaters and Tugs for example.

Thank you guys for all your thoughts and comments. They had a lot to do with my decision.

Well, I did it. I pulled the plug and made an offer on the Tiara. Underway, anchored or at the dock, with everyone (or just the wife and the dog) up on that huge aft deck contributed significantly to the decision. If the deal goes through, I will make an adjustable deflector box to proportion AC (or heat) delivery to the cockpit or the salon as needed. I don't really like fly bridges and so no loss there. Tough call, this one, but I learned that the trend, at least here in the northwest, is starting to lean toward the eastern style boats sans flying bridges, like the Cutwaters and Tugs for example.

Thank you guys for all your thoughts and comments. They had a lot to do with my decision.
Congratulations! Hope everything works out with the surveys.

Terrific, I hope it works out well for you. FWIW, I believe the tiara will carry a better resale value over time.
Good luck going forward!

Thanks guys. Can't wait to leave Arizona this Thursday headed north to see the boat. Hope the offer is accepted, but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom