Novacool fridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
I have a nova cool 9cf front loading refrigerator. It's been installed in my boat 4 or 5 years,. I can hear the fan turning on and running for a very short period of time seven or eight seconds and then shutting off again. It seems no matter how I adjust the thermostat it keeps doing that. Any recommendations on what to look for?

Chances are it is a 'computer box fan' blowing on the compressor.
Pull the fridge, replace the fan and reinstall the fridge.

I think I have a spare fan I will have to check.

The box fans come in two flavors. Sleeve bearings and ball bearings.
For longevity you want the ball bearing fans.

A new fan seem to solve the problem. I guess the old fan was over amping and shutting off the compressor

A new fan seem to solve the problem. I guess the old fan was over amping and shutting off the compressor

You are absolutely correct, we had the same problem and the factory tech solved it over the phone..........:thumb:

Hope a new fan resolves the issue, but thermostats are usually pretty cheap and easily replaced before resorting to calling in expensive help. I made that 45 dollar decision last summer to fix my little top-loading AC/DC reefer. It did take two months to get the part via Dometic due to Covid related factory shutdown somewhere in the world, but that was OK.

Back
Top Bottom